Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU's non-proctored courses
Mine and my stepdaughters transcripted as well. Now just waitin on CIS 308 Advanced Excel to get fixed. Maybe after March 8 it will activate.
Whoot ! I submitted the written portion Sunday evening. It was graded by Tuesday evening and this morning I was able to accept the grade and add to transcript. That was fast enough for me ! Pierpont here I come !
[-] The following 2 users Like uncapentin's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
Anyone have any luck with CIS 308 Advanced Excel? Mine changed to "View Course Results" but still no option to convert to credit. What's up, ASU?
Per one of the other courses I took this term (SST 220), the credit conversion eligibility date for this term is March 16th.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(03-11-2022, 12:05 PM)jch Wrote: Per one of the other courses I took this term (SST 220), the credit conversion eligibility date for this term is March 16th.

That was my experience with all of my past ASU courses: credit conversion eligibility was usually a week or 2 after the course finished.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
CIS 309: Business Process Management is open now. It has a midterm and a final exam, but these appear to not be proctored. It is, as with prior CIS courses, taking place in Canvas and not the custom edX platform of other courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
I previewed CIS 310 Business Data Visualization. The first assignment is due tomorrow, so students should start right away. Since I'd have to purchase Tableau (which bills monthly), I think I'll skip this course.

EDIT---Oh wow, Tableau shows prices for a month but only bills annually. No, I am not going to pay $840 for Tableau.

The syllabus directs students to apply for the one year free student license for Tableau, but from reading the terms, I don't believe ULC students will qualify.

I anticipate a low participation rate for CIS 310.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ditto's post:
  • MNomadic, Pikachu
An update on ASU's ULC CIS 310 Business Data Visualization:

The professor said that students can try Tableau Public, which is free and should be capable of producing all the charts we need. Students have also reported how they were able to validate themselves as students to get a one year free renewable license for the full version of Tableau.

Due dates have also been adjusted so that students can join late in the preview period and still have time to complete the assignments.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ditto's post:
  • MNomadic, Pikachu, Vle045
So, If I am getting this correctly, you get a $840/year subscription to Tableau and the upper level course credits at $425? That seems like a pretty good deal. I haven't had the chance to try Tableau yet, I really want to give that a go. I just don't know if this will come into TESU as a suitable Comp Sci course, it may come in as a Comp Info System course instead... even so, it should be possible for it to hit the UL CS elective field.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MNomadic
(03-18-2022, 03:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, If I am getting this correctly, you get a $840/year subscription to Tableau and the upper level course credits at $425?  That seems like a pretty good deal.  I haven't had the chance to try Tableau yet, I really want to give that a go.  I just don't know if this will come into TESU as a suitable Comp Sci course, it may come in as a Comp Info System course instead... even so, it should be possible for it to hit the UL CS elective field.

$840 per year is the cost for Tableau Creator, which is the most expensive option. I just assumed that I'd need that one and not Explorer or Viewer. I don't fully understand the difference between Tableau options. I haven't progressed far in that course because I find CIS 309, Business Process Management, to be far more interesting. It was the professor who suggested that we try Tableau Public.

Here is what the product key email said: Welcome to Tableau for Students! Your academic license now includes Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, and eLearning for free.

Access to Tableau, Excel, and the textbook were definitely not explained well in the syllabus, but the forum has been very active.

And yes, I believe that this is counted as upper-level.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 271 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 353 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  The official guide to self-study RA courses from ASU, BYU, UIdaho, etc. rachel83az 50 31,545 11-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,167 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  New ASU ULC Courses: 1 in Physics (no lab), 2 in Organizational doom 30 4,035 03-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: doom
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,593 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Official guide to courses from Finnish universities rachel83az 1 2,125 10-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
Star Self-paced online courses from University of North Dakota (UND) Pikachu 13 2,977 09-07-2022, 04:02 PM
  (Not cheap) self-paced courses from MSU Denver rachel83az 2 775 09-07-2022, 03:56 PM
  New ASU ULC Courses: HST-100 Global History to 1500 and COM-225 Public Speaking doom 2 1,102 06-27-2022, 05:22 PM