Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaaaaaarrrrgggg!!!!!!
It has been 3.5 months since I finished my AA, and my conferral date was three days ago. Well, that was painful enough, but today, I got home to find that the diploma had arrived!!!! Errr, but I live in an apartment with a small mail cubbie, so I was left with nothing more than a na-na-na-na-na-na-WEEEEE-got-your-package receipt from the USPS. Of course, after work, the post office is closed, so I have to try to make myself sleep tonight while constantly thinking about the piece of paper that bears no difference from thousands of other pieces of paper, excepting that the blank part of the template bears Maniac Craniac's birth name...

AAAAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!!!
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

I know what you mean, I am waiting for an official copy of my transcript, I am waiting to figure out if we will have health insurance after COBRA ends Nov. 15., I am waiting to see if my husband has finally got a job, I am waitung to see if I am going to be able to finish ALEKS Statistics(65% done) in time to get it on my ace trancript and then to TESC by Oct. 31 when my tuition runs out. And I am waiting for TESC to get my proper transcript to the NJ DOEducation so I can be certified elidgeble to teach.And I am waiting to see if my DH does get the job when do we have to move to Colorodo.

So Maniac if I can string together 3-4 hrs a night of sleep you should be able to do it just this one night, then you will finally get to set your eyes upon that amazing piece of paper. CONGRATS on the 1st step in what I am sure will be a long journey
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Maniac Craniac Wrote:It has been 3.5 months since I finished my AA, and my conferral date was three days ago. Well, that was painful enough, but today, I got home to find that the diploma had arrived!!!! Errr, but I live in an apartment with a small mail cubbie, so I was left with nothing more than a na-na-na-na-na-na-WEEEEE-got-your-package receipt from the USPS. Of course, after work, the post office is closed, so I have to try to make myself sleep tonight while constantly thinking about the piece of paper that bears no difference from thousands of other pieces of paper, excepting that the blank part of the template bears Maniac Craniac's birth name...

AAAAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!!!

Here's hoping you make it to the post office without a flat tire, speeding ticket, road construction, or hurricane. cheersmate
cookderosa Wrote:Here's hoping you make it to the post office without a flat tire, speeding ticket, road construction, or hurricane. cheersmate
You must be one sick individual to leave room for the possibility that I may get hit by a bus or kidnapped by a cryptozoological creature.

Maniac Craniac Wrote:You must be one sick individual to leave room for the possibility that I may get hit by a bus or kidnapped by a cryptozoological creature.

Cryptozoological? Wayyy too far fetched. Wolves are more likely. hilarious
cookderosa Wrote:Wolves are more likely. hilarious

And believe me, after watching episodes of "When Animals Attack" and "Human Prey", I tend to agree with you on the wolves. I'm glad I carry concealed for just such an occasion.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
clep101 Wrote:And believe me, after watching episodes of "When Animals Attack" and "Human Prey", I tend to agree with you on the wolves. I'm glad I carry concealed for just such an occasion.
Actually, your best protection, and I am sure this is not at all news to you, is that it is incredibly rare that wolves will attack humans, even when the human is alone and has no escape route. Of course, I can picture my own death as looking something like this:

*Maniac Craniac is busy being awesome when suddenly...*

Maniac Craniac: NOOO!!!! ARrrrr!!! What you are doing is stat... istic... ally... improb... able..... *silence*

I want those to be my dying words! That's fantastic, I raise my glass to you!
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
I cannot image you dying a statistically probable death, unless it was at a time where an unusual death was far more likely.

For example:

MC bravely climbs down the sheer face of a cliff to rescue a damsel in distress, and THEN a bus careens off the cliff taking MC with him.

Killed by a bus = normal
MC being killed by a bus = extraordinary.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:MC being killed by a bus = extraordinary.
Even if that happens before this post appears on degreeforum, it would not have happened before I unwrapped my beautiful new diploma Smile