Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abnormal Psychology Coopersmith
Signed up for this class a couple of days ago because I just really wanted to try out Coopersmith. Looking for feedback from those who have taken this same course.
Is the crash course enough to pass the class? I’m reading over the two study guides but wonder if I need to concentrate more on the crash course. Basically, is there anyway to finish this course quickly? Also, do you remember how many questions were on the final and how many were response rather than multiple choice?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I took the course about a month ago. Study the crash course PowerPoint thoroughly. You can complete the course in a short amount of time if you can learn the powerpoint quickly. The other powerpoints are great info, but the crash course powerpoint/video has all the information you need for the exam. Just make sure you thoroughly understand the concepts. Also, just a heads up the exam has a mix of multiple choice and short answer/essay questions. If you know the information in the powerpoints you'll be fine.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
[-] The following 2 users Like ab10365's post:
  • Cammilynn, Michelle779
(07-29-2020, 09:09 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Signed up for this class a couple of days ago because I just really wanted to try out Coopersmith. Looking for feedback from those who have taken this same course.
Is the crash course enough to pass the class? I’m reading over the two study guides but wonder if I need to concentrate more on the crash course. Basically, is there anyway to finish this course quickly? Also, do you remember how many questions were on the final and how many were response rather than multiple choice?
Thanks

Abnormal Psych is one of the better-documented Coopersmith courses.  If you don't really care about learning the subject matter, you can probably skip the textbook.  I purchased it for about $10 shipped on that big website named for a river in South America.

This is one of a handful of courses for which Coopersmith offers a video read-through of the crash course PPT deck.  After reading through the book and all the other provided materials once, I reviewed the video a number of times, usually at 1.25 speed, while checking email or performing other tasks.  I found it an enjoyable course and the review materials helpful.

The exam I took was 35 multiple choice and 5 short-answer essay questions.
[-] The following 3 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • ab10365, Cammilynn, Michelle779
(07-30-2020, 06:45 AM)ab10365 Wrote: I took the course about a month ago. Study the crash course PowerPoint thoroughly. You can complete the course in a short amount of time if you can learn the powerpoint quickly. The other powerpoints are great info, but the crash course powerpoint/video has all the information you need for the exam. Just make sure you thoroughly understand the concepts. Also, just a heads up the exam has a mix of multiple choice and short answer/essay questions. If you know the information in the powerpoints you'll be fine.

Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know!

(07-30-2020, 07:57 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 09:09 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Signed up for this class a couple of days ago because I just really wanted to try out Coopersmith. Looking for feedback from those who have taken this same course.
Thanks

Abnormal Psych is one of the better-documented Coopersmith courses.  If you don't really care about learning the subject matter, you can probably skip the textbook.  I purchased it for about $10 shipped on that big website named for a river in South America.

This is one of a handful of courses for which Coopersmith offers a video read-through of the crash course PPT deck.  After reading through the book and all the other provided materials once, I reviewed the video a number of times, usually at 1.25 speed, while checking email or performing other tasks.  I found it an enjoyable course and the review materials helpful.

The exam I took was 35 multiple choice and 5 short-answer essay questions.

Thank you, just what I needed. I didn’t buy the book, but did make a quizlet of the crash course. I will also watch it several times.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cammilynn's post:
  • ab10365
Hey,

Can I ask how was the exam? How many essay questions were there? And were the MCQs straightforward?
(09-19-2020, 03:52 AM)romoh Wrote: Hey,

Can I ask how was the exam? How many essay questions were there? And were the MCQs straightforward?

Hi, the exam went well. I ended up making an 88. Thirty five multiple choice questions and five essay questions. No issues with the proctor. If you do a search for the textbook companion quiz site there are practice questions for the4th and 5th edition. Many of those questions were on the exam. Good Luck

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cammilynn's post:
  • Michelle779
Where can I find the textbook companion quiz site?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,362 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 566 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 430 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 4,008 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 563 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,029 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,254 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,242 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM