Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abu Dhabi University
ADU receives WASC accreditation
Abu Dhabi University receives the highest accolade accreditation from WASC (zawya.com)
Hmm, technically it's re-accreditation... I wonder how they know the institution is as "prestigious" like the ones that are ranked globally. Just because it has WASC reaccreditation doesn't mean they've "gained" extra prestige... their rankings are good, but not that "great".

"The WASC reaccreditation places ADU in the company of some of the most prestigious universities in North America and the world

The reaccreditation was awarded to ADU for its continuous innovation in curriculum development, degree relevance and commitment to placing students at the heart of the institution"
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Well they can spin their public relations press release as hard as they want but I'm not that impressed.  I am curious though.  Why would ADU even want WASC accreditation?  It's not like there are a lot of people from the US trying to go to ADU.  Maybe so it's easier for ADU grads to get into an American grad school?  Maybe it's just bragging rights?  A few other non-US schools did something similar but then dropped it for some unknown reason.  I'm just not sure of the motivation.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • Johann, ss20ts
I guess everything in Abu Dhabi has to be "prestigious." It has all the money in the world. If anything there isn't really "prestigious" it can at least afford lots of BLING, as a substitute. Perhaps that's what's happening here. I really don't care. In fashion, I'm more of a TASTE guy than a "bling" one. And as for ranking - doesn't mean spit, to me.
This article specifically mentions "the most prestigious accreditations" and "international quality education" in a way that makes me think the WASC accreditation is a marketing move.
Abu Dhabi University: The institution of choice for students from across the region | Gn Focus – Gulf News
Here's just one ranking, they're 9th in the country out of about 60 universities total. Link: https://www.4icu.org/ae/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,452 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 322 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,730 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,768 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 747 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,313 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,767 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 403 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,598 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff