Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerated Business Degree from a known college
I have an associates and a bootcamp kind of course in a completely different field (Healthcare), and am currently working a healthcare based job. Recently I've been very interested in marketing, but don't want to spend a ton of time in college again. I know WGU and UMPI are brought up a lot, but honestly I want to go to a college that's viewed a little better. Seriously have nothing against these colleges, but I want a name to it. Doesn't have to be some prestigious uni, but something with maybe a 50-70% acceptance rate kinda school would be perfect. I would like to finish within one year time, hopefully. (1.5 year max)
If anyone knows a school like this that has a degree program in Business degree in Marketing, Finance, Management, Health administration  (in that order) or any other business degrees I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you for reading and your help. Ideally I would like to work in Healthcare Marketing and I know they aren't too picky with degrees as long as it's IT or Business related. Unfortunately my brain isn't meant for Comp Sci.
I wanted to add that I'm in NYC!
WGU and UMPI allow for acceleration because they are CBE programs so you move at your own pace. If you want a name, then you'll be paying far more and moving much slower. If you want a selective school, then you won't be done in 1.5 years unless you already have a ton of credit that will transfer to your bachelor's degree. Colleges aren't designed for you to accelerate and finish a 4 year degree in 1 year. That's 3 years worth of money they'll lose out on.

UMPI is part of the University of Maine system so it is a state university and is RA. They have a BA in Business Administration with Marketing Concentration which can be completed in a year if you maximize your ACE transfer credits.
(11-07-2022, 04:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote: WGU and UMPI allow for acceleration because they are CBE programs so you move at your own pace. If you want a name, then you'll be paying far more and moving much slower. If you want a selective school, then you won't be done in 1.5 years unless you already have a ton of credit that will transfer to your bachelor's degree. Colleges aren't designed for you to accelerate and finish a 4 year degree in 1 year. That's 3 years worth of money they'll lose out on.

UMPI is part of the University of Maine system so it is a state university and is RA. They have a BA in Business Administration with Marketing Concentration which can be completed in a year if you maximize your ACE transfer credits.
I was looking into Texas A&M's BBAS Organizational Leadership, but I'm not entirely sure how good it looks. Since Organizational Leadership isn't as marketable as Accounting/Finance/Etc. I was wondering is any colleges accept Sophia/Study ACE credits and/or just have an accelerated program. I am willing to pay more for a name as shadow as that is. 
There is a chance I will go to UMPI, but I'm looking at my options.
Why not do UMPI or WGU for undergraduate then apply for a a graduate program at a more prestigeful school?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastTrackDegree's post:
  • namwen
(11-07-2022, 05:12 PM)Hannahriri Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 04:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote: WGU and UMPI allow for acceleration because they are CBE programs so you move at your own pace. If you want a name, then you'll be paying far more and moving much slower. If you want a selective school, then you won't be done in 1.5 years unless you already have a ton of credit that will transfer to your bachelor's degree. Colleges aren't designed for you to accelerate and finish a 4 year degree in 1 year. That's 3 years worth of money they'll lose out on.

I was looking into Texas A&M's BBAS Organizational Leadership, but I'm not entirely sure how good it looks. Since Organizational Leadership isn't as marketable as Accounting/Finance/Etc. I was wondering is any colleges accept Sophia/Study ACE credits and/or just have an accelerated program. I am willing to pay more for a name as shadow as that is. 
There is a chance I will go to UMPI, but I'm looking at my options.

This program does have some limitations. If your'e in Texas, it has much lower tuition. These threads will provide some insight on the program:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ight=tamuc

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...hip-Update

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-from-ZERO
(11-07-2022, 05:15 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: Why not do UMPI or WGU for undergraduate then apply for a a graduate program at a more prestigeful school?
That is also an option. It's just the time. It's like 6 months for the Bachelors plus another 1-2 for the Masters. I'm ok with never getting a Masters, so I was just hoping someone knew of a unicorn option of having a Bachelors like this.
6 months is a very tight schedule. You sound a bit unrealistic tbh.
(11-07-2022, 05:22 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: 6 months is a very tight schedule. You sound a bit unrealistic tbh.

Honestly I have the 90/120 credits for UMPI, so I don't think 6 months is impossible. I already taken several business courses when I was searching for what I want to do.

Ok, thinking about this maybe it is smarter to do the UMPI Bachelors + a fast track Masters (I was thinking the 7 month at University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School) I'm well aware that this whole thread was wishful thinking. I just wanted to double check with people who might know of a way to do it in my most ideal way. Thank you all. 
[-] The following 2 users Like Hannahriri's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
(11-07-2022, 05:17 PM)Hannahriri Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 05:15 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: Why not do UMPI or WGU for undergraduate then apply for a a graduate program at a more prestigeful school?
That is also an option. It's just the time. It's like 6 months for the Bachelors plus another 1-2 for the Masters. I'm ok with never getting a Masters, so I was just hoping someone knew of a unicorn option of having a Bachelors like this.

WGU MSML has been completed by many in 6 months. 

Bachelor's degrees normally take 4+ years. Completing one through UMPI in 6 months is amazing!

(11-07-2022, 05:25 PM)Hannahriri Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 05:22 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: 6 months is a very tight schedule. You sound a bit unrealistic tbh.

Honestly I have the 90/120 credits for UMPI, so I don't think 6 months is impossible. I already taken several business courses when I was searching for what I want to do.

If you have 90 transferable credits for UMPI, why look elsewhere? You want quick then you have extremely limited options. What do you have for your 90 credits? You said you wanted a business degree in marketing. UMPI has that and you can be done quickly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(11-07-2022, 05:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 05:17 PM)Hannahriri Wrote:

WGU MSML has been completed by many in 6 months. 

Bachelor's degrees normally take 4+ years. Completing one through UMPI in 6 months is amazing!

(11-07-2022, 05:25 PM)Hannahriri Wrote:

If you have 90 transferable credits for UMPI, why look elsewhere? You want quick then you have extremely limited options. What do you have for your 90 credits? You said you wanted a business degree in marketing. UMPI has that and you can be done quickly.
Thank you. I realize my thread makes me seem very wishful. I am honestly just sort of embarrassed by not knowing what I wanted for such a long time, so I wanted an easy out. I promise I am actually taking this seriously. I am just looking at all my possible options.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hannahriri's post:
  • FastTrackDegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 157 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 136 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,720 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 212 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,076 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 252 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,208 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK