Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accepted UL credits from SDC
recently I applied to Excelsior, and I considered going to them. while I was waiting to make a decision I emailed an academic advisor about UL courses from SDC. Here's the email she sent back to me

"So quick update for you – Health301 is approved for the ethics requirement. Unfortunately, Health305 Healthcare Finance and Budgeting is a lower level course, which you do have room for, so I added it to your approvals.

I also realized that Business113 is a course called Business Communications, not Intro to Business Law. Sorry about that! However, I’m concerned that there may be some duplication between Advanced Technical Writing, Business Communications, and the Technical Composition that’s on your file. When we have courses that are too similar in terms of content, we only award credit once. So if you really wanted to take the Technical Writing and Business Communications, I would need you to send in syllabi for review for all three courses. If you don’t want to do that, that’s fine! You would just want to select different courses in place of them.

Here is your plan once again. So right now, there are 8 courses that you can take via Study.com.

21 upper level Arts & Science credits

• 15 elective credits

• Psycholgoy316 Advanced Social Psychology

• Psycholgoy311 Physiological Psychology

• Business324 Managerial Communication

• Business313 Organizational Communication

• One upper level Arts & Science elective course – (Subjects include: History, Psychology, Sociology, Communications, English, Political Science, etc.)

• 3 credits for ethics requirement - Health301 Ethics and Legal Issues in Healthcare (this is an approved upper level ethics class)

• 3 credits for Capstone – LA498 Liberal Arts Capstone (upper level credits only to be taken at EC)

9 upper level Any Academic Area credits

• 6 elective credits

• Business306 Strategic Human Resources

• One upper level course

• 3 credits for Cornerstone - IND301 Cornerstone B: Pathways (can only be taken at EC)

10.31 lower level Any Academic Area credits

• 9 elective credits

• Psychology106 Abnormal Psychology

• Health305 Healthcare Finance and Budgeting

• One lower level course

• 1 credit for Information Literacy – INL102 Information Literacy (can only be taken at EC)"
 I hope this info can help others going to EC.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 2 users Like adegree4me's post:
  • hsfamfun, TwinMom
That's really nice of them to be proactive and email you like that!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-23-2020, 10:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: That's really nice of them to be proactive and email you like that!

When I was accepted into the school, I immediately asked for my academic advisors email (ya know, cause I have no chill and super impatient) and sent her everything that was UL from SDC. Thankfully she got back to me with approved UL and LL courses.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 1 user Likes adegree4me's post:
  • ISKBizz15
That’s great. I was told By tesu that course equivalencies Had to be done via phone line mon thru Friday 11-1. Or by appointment.
Who’s available 11-1? It would sure be easier to utilize email.
Does anyone know what are conditions for 20% off for tuition if u use SDC? It cuts of some cost
(12-23-2020, 04:04 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Does anyone know what are conditions for 20% off for tuition if u use SDC? It cuts of some cost

At EC, you only get the discount if you take at least 12cr through them.  It's the "Course Option" rather than the "Multi-source Option."  It's still a great deal though, if I was starting over, I'd probably go this route.

https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...rgraduate/
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Same discount for taking Sophia courses, too. https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/sophia/ It's great because some of the courses can be difficult and/or expensive to find elsewhere. This essentially gives you 2 "free" EC classes to fill in those gaps.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Thanks a lot
Do sociology 305 Sociology of work and English 305 Advanced technical writing count into Upper level Arts and Science credits?
(02-21-2021, 01:09 AM)qiaoyiren Wrote: Do sociology 305 Sociology of work and English 305 Advanced technical writing count into Upper level Arts and Science credits?

For Charter Oak, No to English, Yes to Sociology.  For Excelsior/TESU - Yes to both for UL.  And for other schools, you should check the website on study.com to see if there is an equivalency guide.  Just search for Study.com and the school name, click onto their equivalency link on their page: Here is the one for COSC: https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html Excelsior: https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html  TESU: https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

One more thing: You should always verify with the school you want to attend. If there are changes to the course evaluations on ACE recommendations, the Big 3 and many others will most likely follow the recommendation, so it's also a good idea to review what's on the ACE site, some courses have got bumped to upper level and others have been dropped to lower level: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...fault.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 512 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 994 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,287 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 3,108 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: MCJ
  Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway... frankc 5 1,108 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  Transferring TEEX credits to Excelsior Loopsb 6 2,352 10-23-2021, 10:18 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  EC Wants Me To Do 34 Credits Despite Having 100+ Credits Kal Di 20 4,521 07-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  CSM Course now accepted at Excelsior for 3 credits of Quantitative Reasoning CSMlearn 5 1,699 03-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Upper Level Credits/DAU Courses sava60 15 3,627 12-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: oroseeo
  UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits mrskitty 12 2,406 08-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mrskitty