Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Accounting TESU
So other than the capstone, I'm down to my last class for a BSBA in Accounting at TESU.  I have the three upper level accounting courses offered by study.com and the intermediates from penn foster.  I know an option for the last class is the auditing TECEP, but I would prefer to avoid TECEPs as I had a bad first experience.  I saw that penn foster has a computer applications in accounting class and was wondering if anyone knows if and what this course might come in as at TESU?
Thank you in advance for any help or advice.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

The PF course is LL on ACE, so I would assume that TESU won't bring it in as UL. But ask them. BTW, it expires on 12/31/17, so it's going to be hard to get verification of what it's going to come in as, enroll, take the course, and complete it before 12/31. So just be aware of that.

CSU-Global has UL Accounting courses (Federal Income Taxation, Info Systems for Accounting, Auditing, Analyzing Financial Statements).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UNA has a CPAexcel program with self-paced online courses, $495 each, they give you two semesters to complete each course. They have Auditing I and II, Taxation I and II, Financial Reporting I, II, and II, and others. They also have the perk of AACSB accreditation.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
I can't help with the question at bar...

however,

CONGRATS on your current situation!!!!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Although I already have a bachelor's degree (in economics), I'm thinking that it might make sense to get a BSBA in Accounting and maybe one other business discipline (such as information systems) from TESU since I need to take at least 4 more accounting courses to be eligible to take the CPA exam.

Convenience is a crucial factor for me, even more so than cost (note that I live in Europe). I'm assuming that I can take the CSU Pueblo challenge exams and the Federal Taxation TECEP online, and that the Pueblo CBEs would be a better option that the UNA courses due to cost or the Study.com courses due to convenience (i.e., fewer exams).

Please poke holes in my reasoning and suggest better options, if they exist. I'm aware that the UNA courses are actually the Wiley CPA exam review courses but am concerned about them being accepted (NY and NH won't accept them).

Thanks in advance....
I felt that the study.com classes were extremely convenient. I would rate them at pretty much the highest convenience level. And they do have a new accounting class there. Of course, convenience is in the eye of the beholder. The income tax TECEP is a no brainer because it is inexpensive, open book and only requires a 60%. Are the CSU Pueblo exams different from the CSU Global CBE's?
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • Yenisei
No, I meant the CSU Global CBEs- sorry for any confusion!

Glad to hear that the study.com courses were so convenient. Your experience may have swayed me. I can anyhow use CSU Global for other useful accounting exams.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,974 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 362 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,386 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com accounting 303 assignment 2 Pats20 0 486 06-14-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting - where? Jennbean1 8 1,254 05-06-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 702 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI