Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accounting programs, asking for a friend
Hi all,

I have a friend who needs to finish her degree in accounting. I forwarded her Sanantone's degree plan for TESU's accounting degree (post-2015). I didn't see a plan for Excelsior though. Is that a good program? What about WGU's accounting degree? I haven't seen much discussion here about those two programs. When talking about accounting it seems that it is always about TESU. Is this because TESU's program is just better somehow?

Anyway, I'm just looking for ways to help my friend. She's really smart but English isn't her native language. So I think that is part of what is holding her back. I would appreciate any tips or advice that I can pass along to her. Thanks.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Well around 2011 or so TESU had really high pass rates for the CPA exam. That's part of the reason they're well regarded. I don't know about the pass rate now.
tesu-acct-student Wrote:Hi all,

I have a friend who needs to finish her degree in accounting. I forwarded her Sanantone's degree plan for TESU's accounting degree (post-2015). I didn't see a plan for Excelsior though. Is that a good program? What about WGU's accounting degree? I haven't seen much discussion here about those two programs. When talking about accounting it seems that it is always about TESU. Is this because TESU's program is just better somehow?

Anyway, I'm just looking for ways to help my friend. She's really smart but English isn't her native language. So I think that is part of what is holding her back. I would appreciate any tips or advice that I can pass along to her. Thanks.

The main thing going for the TESU program vs the other two is that the BSBA Accounting degree can be fully tested out of (TECEP for Capstone).
If this question was asked a dozen years to a decade ago, I would have recommended the Excelsior option as it would have been the cheapest.
Note: The degree plan from Sanantone should still work I believe, at least until the end of June/July when the new catalog comes out.

As of now, TESU should still be the cheapest option. I would also get her to apply to the WGU program just to see what they say...
WGU has an application fee waiver for the remainder of the month, may be extended as they usually do, get her to do an evaluation.
Which ever college that allows her to finish cheapest/easiest/fastest at this time being may fit her just fine, it would most likely be TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Can my friend obtain an undergraduate certificate concurrent to working on a BSBA ? Dowew 3 1,057 06-12-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting vs Business Admin Rustydroid 20 3,580 06-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,297 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Help Choosing Final Accounting Courses AMRH94 10 2,813 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: AMRH94
  Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP! DeterminedStudent 28 5,839 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Re: ET degree for a friend bjcheung77 0 814 04-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2nd BA Degree in Accounting at TESU - Clarification Question acamp 21 4,368 03-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BSBA in Accounting or BS in CyberSecurity? acamp 11 2,668 03-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question TESU Accounting Degree Roadmap and Other Questions waterpaper 3 2,777 11-18-2017, 01:05 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student