Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accounting
I know there have been some threads about this before but I am preparing for the Accounting exam right now (CLEP) and would like to know from some of you who passed if the Peterson practice exams are close to the real thing.

I usually pass the test if I study the practice exams and some Instantcert, but on the microeconomics test I found that a lot of stuff was different from the practice exams (A LOT DIFFERENT). Thanks to IC I still passed of course hehehe!

Also, does CLEP have an official policy about which exams allow for a calculator? My test center won't allow one, they say if it is needed, CLEP will provide it with the test (yeah right). I already sent this question to the CLEP people, I'll let you know what they'll tell me.

Thanks,

Christa
ChristaKB Wrote:I know there have been some threads about this before but I am preparing for the Accounting exam right now (CLEP) and would like to know from some of you who passed if the Peterson practice exams are close to the real thing.

I usually pass the test if I study the practice exams and some Instantcert, but on the microeconomics test I found that a lot of stuff was different from the practice exams (A LOT DIFFERENT). Thanks to IC I still passed of course hehehe!

Also, does CLEP have an official policy about which exams allow for a calculator? My test center won't allow one, they say if it is needed, CLEP will provide it with the test (yeah right). I already sent this question to the CLEP people, I'll let you know what they'll tell me.

Thanks,

Christa

Hi Christa,

Personal calculators are not allowed to be brought into ANY CLEP exam. The CLEP software provides an online calculator for you to use during those exams that require one.

DANTES, on the other hand, does allow you to bring your own calculator into their exams. The calculator must be non-graphing and non-programmable!

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
Thanks Snazzlefrag!

Anymore input on what to expect on the Accounting exam (how close is it to the Peterson sample tests)?

Thanks,

Christa
Christa,
I took the Accounting CLEP in Feb., passed with a 54. I thought the Pearson practice tests were really good practice exams (similiar to the exam questions).

There is a posting somewhere on this discussion board that has a really good link for studing/explaining concepts for the accounting exam.

I hope this information helped you and good luck. Smile
Tara
Thanks so much Tara, that really helps. I have been training on the Peterson exams because they usually focus on the most important stuff. My exam is Friday and I'm scared. Hope there is not too much about managerial accounting. Hate to miss 6 credits and waiting 6 months to do it again. All I need is a 50 so it should be possible...

Christa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,809 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,257 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,284 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,433 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teach myself Accounting natshar 7 1,914 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: natshar
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 1,895 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,213 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Accounting courses ultimate goal cpa Motivated2move 16 2,872 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources? Jenniferinfl 47 6,555 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Need 18 Accounting Courses or Certificate germ 3 1,474 05-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: germ