Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accreditation
I may be confused a bit on some information, I see that TESU is regionally accredited, but is the BALS accredited? From some searching online I don't see it listed as an accredited program.
TESU - BALS 114/120
This is a weird question. I have never heard of a BALS at any college or university having any specific accreditation beyond the institutional accreditation. The answer is YES. If the college/university is accredited at the time, the programs within it is Regionally Accredited. So, if you must look at a BALS or any other degree within TESU - they all have Regional Accreditation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-08-2020, 04:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is a weird question.  I have never heard of a BALS at any college or university having any specific accreditation beyond the institutional accreditation.  The answer is YES.  If the college/university is accredited at the time, the programs within it is Regionally Accredited.  So, if you must look at a BALS or any other degree within TESU - they all have Regional Accreditation.

I was reading the TESU accreditation page, https://www.tesu.edu/about/accreditation and it lists certain degrees that are accredited, (nursing, nuclear energy ect),  I wasn't sure if the specific degree also needed to be accredited. 
TESU - BALS 114/120
Ah yes, you're referring to programmatic/secondary accreditation. It has nothing to do with the BALS, those are for extra accreditation used in the case of licensing requirements for the job/state. Again, any BA/BS in Liberal Arts/Liberal Studies or many other BA/BS's will NOT have programmatic/secondary accreditation.

You will only see these type of accreditation for schools who want their specific program offerings to be more recognized, there is no need for these as it's voluntary for the school to get them, but because TESU and other schools want to be more competitive, they want extra accreditation for their respective programs that can get that secondary recognition.

FYI - You're good with a plain jane BALS at a Regionally Accredited degree provider, even if you choose the Ivy Leagues, they're all plain jane RA degrees for that specific "subject matter". It's not like you're going for Nuclear Energy, there are specific requirements they have to meet in order to get that recognition...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(02-08-2020, 04:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ah yes, you're referring to programmatic/secondary accreditation.  It has nothing to do with the BALS, those are for extra accreditation used in the case of licensing requirements for the job/state.  Again, any BA/BS in Liberal Arts/Liberal Studies or many other BA/BS's will NOT have programmatic/secondary accreditation.

You will only see these type of accreditation for schools who want their specific program offerings to be more recognized, there is no need for these as it's voluntary for the school to get them, but because TESU and other schools want to be more competitive, they want extra accreditation for their respective programs that can get that secondary recognition.

FYI - You're good with a plain jane BALS at a Regionally Accredited degree provider, even if you choose the Ivy Leagues, they're all plain jane RA degrees for that specific "subject matter".  It's not like you're going for Nuclear Energy, there are specific requirements they have to meet in order to get that recognition...

Ah okay, thank you for clarifying all of that for me. Much appreciated.
TESU - BALS 114/120

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU | BS IT | Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET akr680 5 1,244 10-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Last Post: akr680