Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accuplacer for 18 year old
Anyone know what score is needed on this test for admission? If you are 18 or 19, you have to take the accuplacer test before they will approve your application. She has 58 credits from Sophia and several from Cleps. I went ahead and sent her ACE transcript to TESU and applied because I was worried about the switch to credit/acclaim.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
The required scores are listed here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/u...ons-policy
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-18-2020, 07:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The required scores are listed here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/u...ons-policy

Thank you! I was just coming to update that I found the scores. I should have paid closer attention. Thanks again

Cammilynn, just curious, has the teen decided to use all alternative methods for testing out her degree? Or will she take some community college courses towards the degree? If she has or is going for some RA credits, she might as well apply to COSC as they should be cheaper in the long run. Is her mind set for TESU only? Which degree is she interested in?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-18-2020, 08:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cammilynn, just curious, has the teen decided to use all alternative methods for testing out her degree? Or will she take some community college courses towards the degree? If she has or is going for some RA credits, she might as well apply to COSC as they should be cheaper in the long run. Is her mind set for TESU only? Which degree is she interested in?

Bjcheung77,
She is planning to test out of all classes, taking only the two required courses from TESU. She has 78 credits already. She plans to go to cosmetology school, but has to get her degree first (per dad). It may be worth sending her credits to Charter Oak and Excelsior before 11/30 just in case though. Thank you for the suggestion.

OK, that was what I thought. COSC wouldn't be an option, they need 24 RA credits. TESU it is, but do add Excelsior since they're free to apply if you've done Sophia.org classes already. For test out and just taking two/three courses, TESU/Excelsior would be the best options. If she's up to Competency Based degrees, you can transfer up to a max of 75% of the required courses, she can apply to say Brandman/WGU, etc, they're free as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-18-2020, 09:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OK, that was what I thought. COSC wouldn't be an option, they need 24 RA credits. TESU it is, but do add Excelsior since they're free to apply if you've done Sophia.org classes already. For test out and just taking two/three courses, TESU/Excelsior would be the best options. If she's up to Competency Based degrees, you can transfer up to a max of 75% of the required courses, she can apply to say Brandman/WGU, etc, they're free as well...

Awesome! I didn’t know all that. Will definitely apply to Excelsior just in case TESU falls through. Although I think it will work out. In these crazy times I’d rather cover all the bases though.

(11-18-2020, 08:56 PM)Cammilynn Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 08:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cammilynn, just curious, has the teen decided to use all alternative methods for testing out her degree? Or will she take some community college courses towards the degree? If she has or is going for some RA credits, she might as well apply to COSC as they should be cheaper in the long run.  Is her mind set for TESU only? Which degree is she interested in?

Bjcheung77,
She is planning to test out of all classes, taking only the two required courses from TESU. She has 78 credits already. She plans to go to cosmetology school, but has to get her degree first (per dad). It may be worth sending her credits to Charter Oak and Excelsior before 11/30 just in case though. Thank you for the suggestion.

I think EC is cheaper than TESU by $1354 at this point.  They do require more UL courses, but you can get 1 of those with an UL cornerstone (you're going to have to take that at either school, may as well be UL); and then 3 additional UL courses via Study.com, Davar, Coopersmith, etc.

Some nice things about EC - 1) I think their GE is even easier to get than TESU's; 2) you don't have to choose an AOS; 3) you can choose a BS or BA in Liberal Studies, which opens up that whole Free elective area to 60cr instead of 27cr; and 4) you can choose an Area of Focus - you just need 21cr in an area, 6cr of which is UL (so 2 UL and 5 LL courses) - and it will be on your transcript (and you can choose 2 of these).  So you could do Business & Communication, or Psych, or whatever 2 things you want.  It's a nice flexible thing that TESU doesn't offer (you can choose an Area of Study, but they have a limited number of them).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Awesome information. $1354 is quite a savings. Do you know if they require the accuplacer test, or would they take her SAT scores? I’m going to check out their website this weekend. I’m really crunched for time with the ACE credit change. I may do the transcript thing with Excelsior that I read about on another post.

(11-19-2020, 03:44 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Awesome information. $1354 is quite a savings. Do you know if they require the accuplacer test, or would they take her SAT scores? I’m going to check out their website this weekend. I’m really crunched for time with the ACE credit change. I may do the transcript thing with Excelsior that  I read about on another post.

From TESU website:
  • Applicants (degree seeking and non-matriculated) who are 18-19 years old, and who do not meet the military criteria for admission may apply for special consideration via the following requirements:
    • If you possess a high school degree, GED, or a secondary home school diploma that meets the requirements of the applicant's state of residency, and have earned a minimum of 24 credits from a regionally accredited college/university with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher. 
    • Complete the Age Waiver Petition Request Form
  • Applicants (degree seeking and non-matriculated) who are 18-19 years, and who possess a high school degree, GED, or a secondary home school diploma that meets the requirements of the applicant's state of residency, but have earned LESS than 24 credits or have earned their credits from an approved University course provider who is not regionally accredited, must take the Accuplacer, Next Generation examination within 30 days of applying and achieve scores of: 
    • Reading Comprehension: 236 or higher
    • Sentence Skills: 241 or higher
    • Arithmetic: 216 or higher
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,046 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Accuplacer vs 24 RA credits Personherebb9 21 1,894 10-29-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Am I obliged to complete my degree in one year at TESU? msa145 4 767 08-23-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need refresher course after 1 year of taken a class/TECEP in TESU? StudentOLife 2 738 07-27-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  ASNSM Prior Catalog Year Flelm 5 780 10-20-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Flelm
  Do changes to graduation fees affect students regardless of their catalogue year? Malkina 10 1,539 08-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Residency Waiver- 1 year to graduate? CourtneyBrooke 6 1,090 06-18-2020, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Waiting over a YEAR for evaluation lillingworth 33 5,969 04-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How to reenter as a student after one year has elapsed since applying? Pelican 2 589 01-27-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU residency waiver fee: 1 year, 2 graduation cycles? triforce828 13 2,646 10-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero