Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adieu. Aufwiedersehen. Gesundheit. Farewell.
Secret privileges!  Tongue
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • Merlin, Nixi, suzycupcake
(01-10-2020, 08:09 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 05:41 PM)Nixi Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 04:51 PM)Argo Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 02:53 PM)jsd Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 02:39 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Is this because of the Degree Planning & Masterclass topic?

It's possible, and very unfortunate if so.

Unfortunate either way, but incredible disappointing if it was to kick the ladder out and pull a Jay Cross. I was happy for that endeavor, but if that's what it means for the forum, that's pretty bogus. Of course this is speculation, so who knows.

bummer. i didn't even know you could delete your posts after the initial edit window.

You can't delete your post after the edit window, so I don't know how she did it. Harry Potter style magic going on there.

No magic, probably requested an admin give her the correct permissions to edit past posts

She had access to do it herself. Where she couldn't delete them, she edited them to remove the content.
At some point she was given special permissions, because a normal user can't edit their old posts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nixi's post:
  • jsd, suzycupcake
What a shame she deleted all those posts. She must’ve been really butt hurt to delete thousands of posts.

I don’t know anyone who has that kind of time.

I originally said thank you and good luck before all these posts were deleted. There are no posts left to refer back to now and I’m not sure a thank you is appropriate anymore.

Maybe the original post should just be deleted.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(01-10-2020, 10:09 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: What a shame she deleted all those posts. She must’ve been really butt hurt to delete thousands of posts.

I don’t know anyone who has that kind of time.  

I originally said thank you and good luck before all these posts were deleted. There are no posts left to refer back to now and I’m not sure a thank you is appropriate anymore.

Maybe the  original post should just be deleted.

I generally don't post on people "goodbye" threads since they will never see the responses.

But for context, she started deleting her old posts weeks ago. Well before Christmas. We get notices when people delete posts, though at that time I had no idea what was going on. I still don't know her motivation for doing so, but maybe she didn't want outdated information on the forum. Or perhaps she wants her homeschooling info to only come from her own site now. I have no idea. It just meant that I had to do more housekeeping to clear out empty posts, dead threads, and deal with old threads coming back to life years later. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • Nixi, suzycupcake
I was on another forum where a member went back and deleted everything she had ever written. I can't say what Jennifer's reason was, but I do have a pretty solid suspicion. If I am correct, I wouldn't fault her.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Cookderosa left DegreeInfo's posts untouched, I wonder what happened here. I don't think it has anything to do with DF and her website.
Anyways, what has been done can't be reversed, I still wish her well with whatever she's up to. She's always helpful... Her books/website and other info have helped many. If she left her posts here untouched, most of them would be out-dated... I dunno, maybe a conflict of interest somewhere.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-11-2020, 02:56 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cookderosa left DegreeInfo's posts untouched, I wonder what happened here.   I don't think it has anything to do with DF and her website.

She (presumably) didn't have special permissions on DI like she did here. She wouldn't have been able to delete her old posts there.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I initially avoided any response to this thread, as well. Having built, administered, and sold many established vBulletin forums for nearly 15 years, I have never been fond of the goodbye posts.  Reason being, I can think of few good reasons to say goodbye.  If you have a forum that you have been invested in for many years, why would you ever have to leave?  You could venture into other endeavors, and then sometime return whenever you feel like it.  Why say "goodbye" unless you were wanting a response.  In several instances, I have had users who have said goodbye because they knew they were terminally ill.  Those situations are always heartbreaking.  Obviously, not the case here, thank god. 

As soon as I saw her post, I immediately pulled up her post history to see if there was something that could have contributed to it. As many of you have, I noticed that all of her previous posts were deleted.  Strange action for a person who has prided herself on helping others and lending assistance to people who are looking for her type of expertise.  To delete those posts only acts to retract that knowledge.  Odd for an educator to do.

Unless this information is some sort of conflict of interest with the new job.....

Oh well, I can only guess.

I will always be grateful for her advice here.  She has helped a lot of people.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Speculating the reason behind this behavior is difficult. However, the behavior in itself is wrong. She has helped many people here, but many people helped her as well. How many of our posts wound up being included in her master class. Awful situation.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Maybe those who call people out for non-issues should think twice about the possible unintended consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So long, farewell, who wants some free testing material? peszcandy 13 2,341 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Schevell