Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adieu. Aufwiedersehen. Gesundheit. Farewell.
(01-11-2020, 05:35 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Maybe those who call people out for non-issues should think twice about the possible unintended consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

aimed at me??? What are the unintended consequences exactly?  
I stand by my statement.  What she did was wrong. Period.  
She may have had her reason, but that doesn't make it right.
(01-11-2020, 05:43 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 05:35 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Maybe those who call people out for non-issues should think twice about the possible unintended consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

aimed at me??? What are the unintended consequences exactly?  
I stand by my statement.  What she did was wrong. Period.  

Fair enough.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(01-11-2020, 05:43 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: I stand by my statement.  What she did was wrong. Period.  

If someone has a reason for doing something, then maybe it's right of them to do it?  And, who gets to determine that anyway?  A bunch of people who don't have any idea what happened?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun, warriortaupou
(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 05:43 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: I stand by my statement.  What she did was wrong. Period.  

If someone has a reason for doing something, then maybe it's right of them to do it?  And, who gets to determine that anyway?  A bunch of people who don't have any idea what happened?

The community works together to help the community.  It's a team effort.  To turn your back on the team is wrong.  If it's time for the next chapter of your life and you decide to leave... I understand.  However, to rescind all contributions and benefits you were able to provide to a community who also helped you, is wrong.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

It could just be social media clean up time. I've deleted stuff when I had to apply for jobs. It's not fun having people go back through everything you've ever posted online. I'm not sure how public she is in her new job, but maybe it has something to do with that. The old posts probably weren't helping people much anyway considering how much has changed recently.

Anyway, she has been a huge help for me and I was complaining about necroposting, so maybe it will work out for the best. There are a lot of people still on the forum that can answer most questions.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(01-13-2020, 01:50 PM)udi Wrote: It could just be social media clean up time. I've deleted stuff when I had to apply for jobs. It's not fun having people go back through everything you've ever posted online. I'm not sure how public she is in her new job, but maybe it has something to do with that. The old posts probably weren't helping people much anyway considering how much has changed recently.

Anyway, she has been a huge help for me and I was complaining about necroposting, so maybe it will work out for the best. There are a lot of people still on the forum that can answer most questions.

I agree with that statement.  A lot of it was old and outdated information, but a lot of it was also relevant.  
My statement is just how I feel about it.  It's an opinion.  I have strong feelings towards teamwork and loyalty.  This situation makes me feel like all of that was thrown out the door.  
At this point my statement has been made, so I'll leave it where it's at.  
I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

(01-13-2020, 01:37 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:

The community works together to help the community.  It's a team effort.  To turn your back on the team is wrong.  If it's time for the next chapter of your life and you decide to leave... I understand.  However, to rescind all contributions and benefits you were able to provide to a community who also helped you, is wrong.

How do you know she wasn't asked to delete her posts?  I mean, since you have zero idea what's going on, why would you assume that it's her doing this and not the owner of the forum?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, I'm just saying that since you don't know what's going on behind the scenes, maybe you don't judge until you do know.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Nixi, Sapientes
(01-13-2020, 08:20 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:37 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:

How do you know she wasn't asked to delete her posts?  I mean, since you have zero idea what's going on, why would you assume that it's her doing this and not the owner of the forum?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, I'm just saying that since you don't know what's going on behind the scenes, maybe you don't judge until you do know.

I feel we should all give cook the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure she has a very good reason for doing this. As dfrecore said, you never know what truly is going on behind the scenes guys!
[-] The following 3 users Like Nixi's post:
  • alab21, hsfamfun, Sapientes
Hello DegreeForum community,

I just now noticed the latest developments in this thread and am as stunned and disappointed as the rest of you to learn that Jennifer went back and deleted all of her posts. We strictly keep users from doing that since it wreaks havoc on the organization of our forum and existing threads, results in broken links from the search engines, and in general, is just inconsiderate to the whole community. It was an abuse of the privilege I gave her as a long-standing member of the forum.

Regardless of her motives, someone as experienced as she was clearly knew the kind of damage her actions were going to do, so I don't think there's any reason to "withhold judgment." If she had really cared, she would have reached out to me or one of the moderators to find a solution that would work for everyone.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I just find the whole story unfortunate. Jennifer has done so much for this forum, to leave it on that note leaves a sour taste, no matter the reason.

On a slightly happier note, her posts are back to 2,800+. Initially, they were at 10,000+, then went down to less than 200, and now back up somewhat. Clearly, she must have been reconstituting them, and I assume, it is because she is reading this thread.

I wish her well, like I wish many people well, even if I don't always fully understand their actions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So long, farewell, who wants some free testing material? peszcandy 13 2,340 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Schevell