Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admission Criteria for TESU
I am 19 and do not have a high school diploma.

I homeschooled through high school so I can have a home school diploma.
Does this mean that I have to either have earned 24 RA credits OR take the Accuplacer?

Am I reading this correctly?

I will be 20 in February and look like I wont have to have the 24 RA or Accuplacer at that time.

Is that right?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes acethroughcollege's post:
  • WALLACEMC11
For admissions purposes at tesu, a home school high school diploma is a high school diploma (assumes that secondary home school diploma met the requirements of the applicant's state).

For admissions you don't need to bring in 24 RA credit ahead of time if you're at least 20 years old. if 18-19, you do need them before, or take accuplacer (and then a different set of rules if you're military) so yes, you're reading that the same way I read it.

But for the degree and policy requirements, one needs to have 30 RA credits total for bachelors. 6 of those will be from SOS 110 and the degree capstone course. The other 24 can be from TESU or "courses from other accredited higher education institutions."
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • jch
(09-27-2021, 12:24 PM)P226mem Wrote: For admissions purposes at tesu, a home school high school diploma is a high school diploma (assumes that secondary home school diploma met the requirements of the applicant's state).

For admissions you don't need to bring in 24 RA credit ahead of time if you're at least 20 years old. if 18-19, you do need them before, or take accuplacer (and then a different set of rules if you're military)  so yes, you're reading that the same way I read it.

But for the degree and policy requirements, one needs to have 30 RA credits total for bachelors. 6 of those will be from SOS 110 and the degree capstone course.  The other 24 can be from TESU or "courses from other accredited higher education institutions."

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Your parents (or an umbrella school or whatever your states laws are) should have issued you a high school diploma, and that's accepted in all 50 states. If you don't have one, make one immediately.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
for the related topic of diplomas, transcripts, etc...

and if you need templates for diploma and/or transcript, those are quick to find with search engine.
if you need help on transcript, this is a quick learn https://hs4cc-academy.thinkific.com/courses/Build
other sources are out there, that is just one.

diploma can be printed from home and signed. Or there are companies that do that such as HSLDA, HomeschoolDiploma.com, just to name two.
here's info about homeschool diplomas in general https://hslda.org/post/diploma-faqs from a legal organization that does that stuff

by the way, with TESU. I don't remember having to submit a copy of the "diploma" (piece of ceremonial paper) to prove I had "High School Diploma" ( meaning completion of legit home school high school program and graduated).
I don't even think I had to send in transcript either. Just don't remember either way. But I was over 20. agreeing it's worth having those just in case for some day.... and to celebrate the achievement.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(09-27-2021, 01:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Your parents (or an umbrella school or whatever your states laws are) should have issued you a high school diploma, and that's accepted in all 50 states.  If you don't have one, make one immediately.

Thanks!

(09-27-2021, 03:23 PM)P226mem Wrote: for the related topic of diplomas, transcripts, etc...

and if you need templates for diploma and/or transcript, those are quick to find with search engine.  
if you need help on transcript, this is a quick learn https://hs4cc-academy.thinkific.com/courses/Build
other sources are out there, that is just one.  

diploma can be printed from home and signed.  Or there are companies that do that such as HSLDA, HomeschoolDiploma.com, just to name two.
here's info about homeschool diplomas in general https://hslda.org/post/diploma-faqs  from a legal organization that does that stuff

by the way, with TESU. I don't remember having to submit a copy of the "diploma" (piece of ceremonial paper) to prove I had "High School Diploma" ( meaning completion of legit home school high school program and graduated).
I don't even think I had to send in transcript either. Just don't remember either way. But I was over 20.  agreeing it's worth having those just in case for some day.... and to celebrate the achievement.
I planned on taking the GED in lieu of a diploma but if I can get away with not making one Id rather not have to do it.  If UMPI requires it I can make one really quick.

(09-27-2021, 11:22 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I am 19 and do not have a high school diploma.

Does this mean that I have to either have earned 24 RA credits OR take the Accuplacer?

I will be 20 in February and look like I wont have to have the 24 RA or Accuplacer at that time.

Is that right?

I was homeschooled through high school too (through Abeka Academy). My transcript says it's a "college preparatory diploma", which is the equivalent of a high school diploma... So you DO technically have a high school diploma if you graduated from your homeschool program. You should be able to contact whoever your curriculum was provided through, and they will be able to get your transcript sent to TESU or at least get you a copy. :-).
In-progress/Upcoming:
South College - EDD - Higher Education
Southern Utah University - MM - Music Technology

Certs: ComptiaA+, SAS Data Scientist

Completed:
WGU - MS - Curriculum and Instruction, 2024
Thomas Edison State University - BA - Liberal Studies, 2023
Charter Oak State College - AA - General Studies, 2021

Certs: Google IT Support
(09-27-2021, 06:30 PM)WALLACEMC11 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:22 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I am 19 and do not have a high school diploma.

Is that right?

I was homeschooled through high school too (through Abeka Academy). My transcript says it's a "college preparatory diploma", which is the equivalent of a high school diploma... So you DO technically have a high school diploma if you graduated from your homeschool program. You should be able to contact whoever your curriculum was provided through, and they will be able to get your transcript sent to TESU or at least get you a copy. :-).

Most homeschoolers don't homeschool through a program like Abeka.  Your parents can just issue a diploma.  If you're in a state that requires an umbrella school, that entity would issue it.  There are other options as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(typing same time as dfrecore so this might repeat what she wrote)

side topic clarification here:

People can use Abeka without being in their long distance academy and would not be eligible to get a transcript from them.   Same with all of the other hundreds of hs products on the market. mfw , sl, bju, notgrass, MUS, Saxon, etc etc etc......

Home school curriculum providers do not issue transcripts or diplomas. They sell books and lesson plans and similar.

Schools and academies, and parents who are legally homeschooling can issue transcripts, etc.    Yes, some schools have a specific publisher with same name (such as Abeka, or BJU for two examples) so it gets a little confusing that way.

I realize this kind of stuff is not the purpose of this forum.

To original poster:  You don't have to get GED or HiSET (the other high school equivalency exam), but if you want to do that, it's an option to you if you did not complete your program and couldn't say in good faith that you graduated.    Best wishes getting your ACE credit and RA credit and applying to TESU when ready.

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • WALLACEMC11
(09-27-2021, 07:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Most homeschoolers don't homeschool through a program like Abeka.  Your parents can just issue a diploma.  If you're in a state that requires an umbrella school, that entity would issue it.  There are other options as well.

Ohh Gotcha! I didn't realize traditional homeschooling was still an option in most states.

(09-27-2021, 07:09 PM)P226mem Wrote: (typing same time as dfrecore so this might repeat what she wrote)

side topic clarification here:

People can use Abeka without being in their long distance academy and would not be eligible to get a transcript from them.   Same with all of the other hundreds of hs products on the market. mfw , sl, bju, notgrass, MUS, Saxon, etc etc etc......

Home school curriculum providers do not issue transcripts or diplomas. They sell books and lesson plans and similar.

Schools and academies, and parents who are legally homeschooling can issue transcripts, etc.    Yes, some schools have a specific publisher with same name (such as Abeka, or BJU for two examples) so it gets a little confusing that way.

I realize this kind of stuff is not the purpose of this forum.

To original poster:  You don't have to get GED or HiSET (the other high school equivalency exam), but if you want to do that, it's an option to you if you did not complete your program and couldn't say in good faith that you graduated.    Best wishes getting your ACE credit and RA credit and applying to TESU when ready.

You're absolutely right. I apologize if I caused any confusion. I'm old..lol
In-progress/Upcoming:
South College - EDD - Higher Education
Southern Utah University - MM - Music Technology

Certs: ComptiaA+, SAS Data Scientist

Completed:
WGU - MS - Curriculum and Instruction, 2024
Thomas Edison State University - BA - Liberal Studies, 2023
Charter Oak State College - AA - General Studies, 2021

Certs: Google IT Support

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch