Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admission Criteria for TESU
(09-27-2021, 07:09 PM)P226mem Wrote: (typing same time as dfrecore so this might repeat what she wrote)

side topic clarification here:

People can use Abeka without being in their long distance academy and would not be eligible to get a transcript from them.   Same with all of the other hundreds of hs products on the market. mfw , sl, bju, notgrass, MUS, Saxon, etc etc etc......

Home school curriculum providers do not issue transcripts or diplomas. They sell books and lesson plans and similar.

Schools and academies, and parents who are legally homeschooling can issue transcripts, etc.    Yes, some schools have a specific publisher with same name (such as Abeka, or BJU for two examples) so it gets a little confusing that way.

I realize this kind of stuff is not the purpose of this forum.

To original poster:  You don't have to get GED or HiSET (the other high school equivalency exam), but if you want to do that, it's an option to you if you did not complete your program and couldn't say in good faith that you graduated.    Best wishes getting your ACE credit and RA credit and applying to TESU when ready.

Thanks so much!

(09-27-2021, 07:30 PM)WALLACEMC11 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 07:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Most homeschoolers don't homeschool through a program like Abeka.  Your parents can just issue a diploma.  If you're in a state that requires an umbrella school, that entity would issue it.  There are other options as well.

Ohh Gotcha! I didn't realize traditional homeschooling was still an option in most states.

(09-27-2021, 07:09 PM)P226mem Wrote: (typing same time as dfrecore so this might repeat what she wrote)

side topic clarification here:

People can use Abeka without being in their long distance academy and would not be eligible to get a transcript from them.   Same with all of the other hundreds of hs products on the market. mfw , sl, bju, notgrass, MUS, Saxon, etc etc etc......

Home school curriculum providers do not issue transcripts or diplomas. They sell books and lesson plans and similar.

Schools and academies, and parents who are legally homeschooling can issue transcripts, etc.    Yes, some schools have a specific publisher with same name (such as Abeka, or BJU for two examples) so it gets a little confusing that way.

I realize this kind of stuff is not the purpose of this forum.

To original poster:  You don't have to get GED or HiSET (the other high school equivalency exam), but if you want to do that, it's an option to you if you did not complete your program and couldn't say in good faith that you graduated.    Best wishes getting your ACE credit and RA credit and applying to TESU when ready.

You're absolutely right. I apologize if I caused any confusion. I'm old..lol

Thanks everyone, we just used the curriculum that we wanted when we needed to learning something. I guess you can say we are eclectic homeschoolers who didnt follow a set curriculum but used different methods depending on what we were seeking to achieve.  I will be working on the homeschool diploms. I have everything on a spreadsheet just need something that looks professional.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
for something professional looking for the diploma: two of the more popular options https://www.homeschooldiploma.com/
and https://store.hslda.org/high-school-dipl...-p825.aspx
think of those as fancy way to document and celebrate. Or make your own based on samples if the price is too high.

The transcript.. on the other hand
for professional transcripts: see the free resource I linked earlier. It will walk and talk you through it. If you don't need that,
use search engine for homeschool transcript templates. remember to include graduation date even if the template doesn't. If search engine is overwhelming here's random one that looks fine and seems to be Excel ready https://www.nche.com/helps/high-school/transcript/
plenty templates out there. some you need to give them your email first. Others are actual services.

Our family was another used the stuff we wanted to use.

Hope some of those links help you to quickly make the transcript in case you need it.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(09-28-2021, 10:29 AM)P226mem Wrote: for something professional looking for the diploma: two of the more popular options https://www.homeschooldiploma.com/
and https://store.hslda.org/high-school-dipl...-p825.aspx
think of those as fancy way to document and celebrate.  Or make your own based on samples if the price is too high.

The transcript.. on the other hand
for professional transcripts: see the free resource I linked earlier. It will walk and talk you through it. If you don't need that,
use search engine for homeschool transcript templates.  remember to include graduation date even if the template doesn't.   If search engine is overwhelming here's random one that looks fine and seems to be Excel ready https://www.nche.com/helps/high-school/transcript/
plenty templates out there. some you need to give them your email first.  Others are actual services.

Our family was another used the stuff we wanted to use.

Hope some of those links help you to quickly make the transcript in case you need it.
Youre amazing for posting all that and I thank you for helping me. Smile
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,482 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 589 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 489 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 516 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 271 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,314 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 397 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27