Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed Applying to TESU
Mmm, I've overlooked the 24 RA credit requirement. What will be the cheapest path to get these? Is it TECEPs? Or any other college that I can get them for cheap?

May be I can knock out some credits with Olivet Nazarene YourWay

Update: After reading the threads I am confused about Olivet's policy on international students. However, I have filled the registration with my GED. Let's see how it goes... Will update you guys once I hear from them.

Code:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Olivet-Nazarene-YourWay-more-cheap-RA-credits?page=2&highlight=strayer
In order of cost, it's: ONU, TEL, ASU

In order of easiest to obtain, I would say: ASU, ONU, TEL

If ONU rejects you the first time, I suggest taking one class at ASU and then trying again at ONU with your ASU transcript. That would still be slightly cheaper than taking everything at TEL and some of the ASU courses are actually quite enjoyable!

I forgot to include TECEPs. They are at the same price point as ONU (for LL credits) and between TEL and ASU (for UL credits). Some of them are relatively easy (English Comp) but others can be quite difficult! Personally, I do not like TECEPs solely because they use the ProctorU system and I haven't had very good experiences with that. But others haven't had issues and are okay with ProctorU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, msa145
(06-15-2021, 01:26 AM)msa145 Wrote: Mmm, I've overlooked the 24 RA credit requirement. What will be the cheapest path to get these? Is it TECEPs? Or any other college that I can get them for cheap?

May be I can knock out some credits with Olivet Nazarene YourWay

Update: After reading the threads I am confused about Olivet's policy on international students. However, I have filled the registration with my GED. Let's see how it goes... Will update you guys once I hear from them.

Code:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Olivet-Nazarene-YourWay-more-cheap-RA-credits?page=2&highlight=strayer
There is no confusion with policy. They do accept international students.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • msa145
Got a voice mail from ONU. I hope I will be accepted soon. I have also applied for the Outlier.org scholarship Smile

Code:
Hi, this message is for a ****. This is Alisa calling from Olivet online regarding your application for The Bachelor of applied science and Leadership program. Just wanted to reach out if I could get you some more information on the program. And also wanted to let you know that if you were hoping to transfer credits in towards your program, we will need you to send an official transcript for those credits to be considered dead. I could be reached back with any questions at *****. Thanks, and have a great day.
Hi, I got your private message:  Info previous provided are pretty good options for RA credit, you can take online courses from those providers if you like classes.  I would also recommend taking the TECEPS to get familiar with ProctorU and get some quick credits through testing-out required courses and get those towards your RA requirements - that is if you're into testing or a good test taker otherwise, stick with what was recommended to you.  Only take TECEPS if you want to, see below.

I am curious, are you currently subscribing to StraighterLine or are you about to use SL for American Government?  Here are the TECEPS and the Study.com courses I would recommend you complete:  

BA Comp Science LL & UL
Introduction to Programming
Data Structures
Calculus I
Discrete Math
Operating Systems
Computer Architecture UL

BA Comp Science UL:
Systems Analysis & Design (SDC)
Database Management (SDC)
Management Information Systems (SDC)
Network Technology (TECEP)

You can take some TECEPS if you wanted, select from here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
You have a few places to take either courses or exams, make sure it all adds up to 24 credits

English Composition II (ENC-102-TE) - English II course that's missing
Introduction to Comparative Politics (POS-282-TE) - instead of SL American Government
Introduction to Political Science (POS-101-TE) - Free Elective (Similar to above, some overlap)
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105-TE) - Free Elective (Easy math)
Learning in the Digital Age (DGL-101-TE) - Free Elective (Prepares you for S0S-110)
Introduction to Meteorology (EAS-131-TE) - Free Elective (Science)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • msa145
(06-15-2021, 07:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi, I got your private message:  Info previous provided are pretty good options for RA credit, you can take online courses from those providers if you like classes.  I would also recommend taking the TECEPS to get familiar with ProctorU and get some quick credits through testing-out required courses and get those towards your RA requirements - that is if you're into testing or a good test taker otherwise, stick with what was recommended to you.  Only take TECEPS if you want to, see below.

I am curious, are you currently subscribing to StraighterLine or are you about to use SL for American Government?  Here are the TECEPS and the Study.com courses I would recommend you complete:  

BA Comp Science LL & UL
Introduction to Programming
Data Structures
Calculus I
Discrete Math
Operating Systems
Computer Architecture UL

BA Comp Science UL:
Systems Analysis & Design (SDC)
Database Management (SDC)
Management Information Systems (SDC)
Network Technology (TECEP)

You can take some TECEPS if you wanted, select from here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
You have a few places to take either courses or exams, make sure it all adds up to 24 credits

English Composition II (ENC-102-TE) - English II course that's missing
Introduction to Comparative Politics (POS-282-TE) - instead of SL American Government
Introduction to Political Science (POS-101-TE) - Free Elective (Similar to above, some overlap)
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105-TE) - Free Elective (Easy math)
Learning in the Digital Age (DGL-101-TE) - Free Elective (Prepares you for S0S-110)
Introduction to Meteorology (EAS-131-TE) - Free Elective (Science)

Thank you for your advice. I have completed SL American government a few months ago and I have requested the transcript, and I am currently waiting for the Credly badge. I am familiar with ProctorU however I plan to start with the TECEP Network Technology (I come from a networking background with a CCNA.).
msa145 Wrote:Thank you for your advice. I have completed SL American government a few months ago and I have requested the transcript, and I am currently waiting for the Credly badge. I am familiar with ProctorU however I plan to start with the TECEP Network Technology (I come from a networking background with a CCNA.).

Just curious - Have you decided on taking 16 credits for residency purposes or are you paying the residency waiver fee?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-16-2021, 12:41 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
msa145 Wrote:Thank you for your advice. I have completed SL American government a few months ago and I have requested the transcript, and I am currently waiting for the Credly badge. I am familiar with ProctorU however I plan to start with the TECEP Network Technology (I come from a networking background with a CCNA.).

Just curious - Have you decided on taking 16 credits for residency purposes or are you paying the residency waiver fee?

TBH, I am not sure about that. I will be needing 30 RA credits to complete the degree and currently, I own 0 RA credits. Therefore, I am just weighing my options. Attending a full-time job I think I need to choose the courses from TECEP based on the difficulty and earn 16 credits from TECEPs.

Update: Just found out TECEPs don't count to not pay the waiver. Must be really hard to avoid it then. I think I shall consider paying the waiver and focus on the 24 RA credits including TECEPs
Since we r on topic, if u enrolled at TESU and state u want to pursue BA with 2 AOS. Is it ok to drop 1 AOS if u change ur mind after u started ur BA? Or is it going to be an issue?
I have received my admission e-mail from ONU. However, I couldn't get in with the password structure they mentioned. I have contacted the IT. Glad that I got admission. May be I will take some credits from ONU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some advice tpell1219 14 455 7 hours ago
Last Post: RJ77
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 257 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP