Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations/Advice
I’m wondering if you all can help me figure out what school and degree would be best for me. I’d like to finally earn a bachelors degree. I don’t plan to start at an actual school till January or February, so I’ll have time to get any alternative credit courses or certs still needed to fulfill GEC or other degree requirements. Do you think I would meet the requirements for the BAS at UMPI? I think I could finish the BAS w/Business Administration minor in little time, if so. 
I'm not dead-set on any school. I just want one that will make use of my existing credits and will be fairly quick and inexpensive to obtain. 

Degree:
I will have to wait till after December to receive my diploma.
Pierpont Community and Technical College
AAS, BOG
AOE: Business
Grad Date: 12/09/2022
GPA 3.639

School Preference: Online/Flexible/Competency Based/at my own pace. Absolutely no discussion post requirements, practicum hours or cohort/group work. 

Degree wanted: Any degree that will use my existing credits and that I can finish quickly.

Commitments: Husband, School-aged children

Dedicated Time to Study: Min of 25hrs/week, while kids are in school. I would like to use my weekends and most afternoons spending time with my family.

Budget/Timeline: Cheap & Fast. I would like to use the remainder of my Post 9/11 GI bill entitlement. I have 4 months and 8 days of benefits left. Because this degree is more of a bucket list item, I would prefer a degree plan that would have me finished in this timeframe. I understand that this may not be possible, so I would also like the school to be fairly inexpensive just in case I need more time and have to pay for it. 

Current Regionally Accredited Credits: 157

Wayland Baptist University - TX
Total Credits: 73
ENG1301 Composition/Rhetoric, 3 cr
ENG1302 Composition/Reading, 3 cr
MATH1300 Intermediate Algebra, 3 cr
MATH1304 College Algebra, 3 cr
HIST2301 US History to 1877, 3 cr
HIST2302 US History since 1877, 3 cr
POLS2301 Federal & State Government, 3cr
SPAN1301 Elementary Spanish, 3 cr
BIOL1400 Life Science (with lab), 4 cr
RLGN1301 Old Testament History, 3 cr
RLGN1302 New Testament History, 3 cr
SOCI3304 Social Problems, 3 cr (UL)
ECON4346 Survey of Economics - Survey course covering macroeconomics and microeconomics, 3 cr (UL)
ACCT2305 Principles of Accounting I, 3 cr
BUAD4334 Business Ethics, 3 cr (UL)
BUAD3318 Business Law, 3 cr (UL)
MGMT3304 Principles of Management, 3 cr (UL)
COSC2311 Computer Application, 3 cr
MISM3303 Information Systems Theory/Practice, 3 cr (UL)
HLAD3324 Health Professions Human Resource Management, 3 cr (UL)
HLAD3335 Administration and Organization of Health Facilities, 3 cr (UL)
HLAD4334 Health Care Delivery Systems, 3 cr (UL)
HLAD4337 Health Care Law, 3 cr (UL)
HLAD4339 Regulatory Aspects of Long-term Health Care, 3 cr (UL)

University of Phoenix - Online 
Total Credits: 15
Foundations of General Education/Professional Success, 3 cr
 Business Communication/Critical Thinking 3, cr
Introduction to Computer Applications/Systems, 3 cr
Principles of Accounting I, 3 cr
Management Theory/Practice, 3 cr

Community College of the Air Force 
Total Credits: 69
Phys Ed/Wellness, 4 cr
Leadership/Management I, 4 cr
Managerial Communications I, 2 cr
Military Studies I, 2 cr
Leadership/Management II, 5 cr
Managerial Communications II, 3 cr
Military Studies II, 3 cr
Typing I, 1 cr
Documents & Publications Mgmt, 1 cr
Administrative Communications, 2 cr
 Information Management, 2 cr
 Principles of Maintenance Management Information Systems, 1 cr
Microcomputer Software Applications, 6 cr
Basic Dental Sciences, 3 cr
Clinical Procedures, 7 cr
Preventive Dentistry Sciences, 2 cr
Preclinical Procedures, 2 cr
Dental Clinical Phase, 3 cr
Basic Medical Readiness, 1 cr
INT5000 Journeyman, 8 cr (UL)
INT7000 Craftsman, 4 cr (UL)
Expeditionary Medical Support, 3 cr

Current ACE/Other credits: 3

Sophia 
Total Credits: 3
Environmental Science, 3 cr
@4everlearning, Welcome to the board, I would stick with your first option of completing the BOG AAS at Pierpont and ladder up to the UMPI BLS with a minor of your choice as you may not have the 40 technical credits to get the BAS.  Here's the links to the Pierpont and UMPI ladder: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Having said that, you may want to keep your mind open to Excelsior or even TESU, if you have enough energy, money, time to complete courses independently, these two allow the max transfer of credits, you just need to either complete the residency credits or pay the residency waiver fee.  Excelsior would be my choice out of these two...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Based on the upper-level credits, I think you're in a relatively good place for the BSBA in Healthcare Management at TESU: https://www.tesu.edu/business/undergradu...management

You can take the Guided Study version of the capstone to avoid discussion forums.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • allvia
(10-01-2022, 02:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @4everlearning, Welcome to the board, I would stick with your first option of completing the BOG AAS at Pierpont and ladder up to the UMPI BLS with a minor of your choice as you may not have the 40 technical credits to get the BAS.  Here's the links to the Pierpont and UMPI ladder: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Having said that, you may want to keep your mind open to Excelsior or even TESU, if you have enough energy, money, time to complete courses independently, these two allow the max transfer of credits, you just need to either complete the residency credits or pay the residency waiver fee.  Excelsior would be my choice out of these two...
Yeah, I wasn’t too sure about the 40 technical credits.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will have to look further into TESU and Excelsior. I actually didn’t even consider excelsior for some reason.

(10-01-2022, 02:52 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: Based on the upper-level credits, I think you're in a relatively good place for the BSBA in Healthcare Management at TESU: https://www.tesu.edu/business/undergradu...management

You can take the Guided Study version of the capstone to avoid discussion forums.
Oh good to know. I don’t know what it is about those mandatory discussion posts and replies that are so off putting to me. I don’t know how it is at every other college, but at my last school it just seemed like busy work for participation points.
(10-01-2022, 03:30 PM)4everlearning Wrote: Oh good to know. I don’t know what it is about those mandatory discussion posts and replies that are so off putting to me. I don’t know how it is at every other college, but at my last school it just seemed like busy work for participation points.

That's pretty much what they are. Some people react like you and hate it and others (like me) see them as quick, easy points.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
For UMPI's GEC:
Art History I or II
Sociology (if they don't count your religion courses here)
Ethics

For the BLS/Mgmt, you would only need 4 courses, and then you'd probably just take another minor like Project Management or Accounting to get your remaining credits.

For the BABA in Mgmt, you'd need more:
Intro to Business (Sophia)
ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting (Study.com)
BUS 304: Leading Organizational Change (Study.com)
BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management (Study.com)
BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (Study.com)
BUS 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior (Study.com)
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management (Study.com)

That would leave you with 9 courses to take, so really you should only take 5 of the above from SDC to leave you with 10 courses. Or you could take fewer from SDC and more at UMPI.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESU doesn't give veterans the $250/cr tuition that I can see; so you'd be a regular student. Your best bet would be to do the FT/FR single 16cr term there, which is 12 weeks long which would be fully covered by the GI bill.

For the BSBA, I'm not certain that they will take your courses for the HCM concentration, since it's unclear if the courses they list are requirements, or if any 18cr in HCM will work. So you'd need to apply to see how those courses would come in.

For the GE, you'd need:
ORAL COMM (Public Speaking or Presentation Skills)
DIVERSITY (Sociology)

For the BSBA Core, you'd need:
Finance
International Business
Managerial Accounting
Marketing
Macroecon
Microecon
Statistics
CSM Learn

For the HCM Concentration you'd need (if they didn't take all of your courses):
Health 303: Healthcare Organization & Management (SDC)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare (SDC)
Health 308: Healthcare Quality & Outcome Measurement (SDC)
HCM-353: Comparative Healthcare Systems (TESU)
HCM-405: The Financing and Economics of Healthcare Delivery (TESU)
The 6th course you already have

If you wanted Gen Mgmt, and they would bring in 4 of your HCM courses, all UL, you'd just need 2 courses, both LL, in Accouting, Finance or Marketing, which would be really easy to find.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Excelsior, they also don't seem to give the tuition reduction to veterans, so you'd be better off with the 7cr there. They have 8wk terms, so 2 of those (1 for the cornerstone and info lit, the other for the capstone) would fall under your 4mo cap.

For the BLS, you'd need:
4 UL Arts & Sciences courses
1 LL Arts & Sciences course
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-01-2022, 08:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For UMPI's GEC:
Art History I or II
Sociology (if they don't count your religion courses here)
Ethics

For the BLS/Mgmt, you would only need 4 courses, and then you'd probably just take another minor like Project Management or Accounting to get your remaining credits.

For the BABA in Mgmt, you'd need more:
Intro to Business (Sophia)
ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting (Study.com)
BUS 304: Leading Organizational Change (Study.com)
BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management (Study.com)
BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (Study.com)
BUS 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior (Study.com)
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management (Study.com)

That would leave you with 9 courses to take, so really you should only take 5 of the above from SDC to leave you with 10 courses.  Or you could take fewer from SDC and more at UMPI.

TESU doesn't give veterans the $250/cr tuition that I can see; so you'd be a regular student.  Your best bet would be to do the FT/FR single 16cr term there, which is 12 weeks long which would be fully covered by the GI bill.

For the BSBA, I'm not certain that they will take your courses for the HCM concentration, since it's unclear if the courses they list are requirements, or if any 18cr in HCM will work.  So you'd need to apply to see how those courses would come in.

For the GE, you'd need:
ORAL COMM (Public Speaking or Presentation Skills)
DIVERSITY (Sociology)

For the BSBA Core, you'd need:
Finance
International Business
Managerial Accounting
Marketing
Macroecon
Microecon
Statistics
CSM Learn

For the HCM Concentration you'd need (if they didn't take all of your courses):
Health 303: Healthcare Organization & Management (SDC)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare (SDC)
Health 308: Healthcare Quality & Outcome Measurement (SDC)
HCM-353: Comparative Healthcare Systems (TESU)
HCM-405: The Financing and Economics of Healthcare Delivery (TESU)
The 6th course you already have

If you wanted Gen Mgmt, and they would bring in 4 of your HCM courses, all UL, you'd just need 2 courses, both LL, in Accouting, Finance or Marketing, which would be really easy to find.

For Excelsior, they also don't seem to give the tuition reduction to veterans, so you'd be better off with the 7cr there.  They have 8wk terms, so 2 of those (1 for the cornerstone and info lit, the other for the capstone) would fall under your 4mo cap.

For the BLS, you'd need:
4 UL Arts & Sciences courses
1 LL Arts & Sciences course
Amazing write up! You’ve made this so much easier for me to compare.Thank you!! Would you happen to know anything about the BAAS at TAMU-C? They offer a Health Services Admin degree that my husband is convinced I could do in 1-2 terms. Realistically, I think he recommended it because they are NCAA div 1 this year? There is not a lot of info floating around on here, so I’m not even sure if they accept older or alternative credits.
4everlearning Wrote:Would you happen to know anything about the BAAS at TAMU-C? They offer a Health Services Admin degree that my husband is convinced I could do in 1-2 terms. Realistically, I think he recommended it because they are NCAA div 1 this year? There is not a lot of info floating around on here, so I’m not even sure if they accept older or alternative credits.

Here's a thread in regard to TAMUC's CBE programs, you may want to search for TAMUC threads from earlier this year: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ogram-List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 78 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 78 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,553 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 124 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 214 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 251 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,210 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 2,013 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 405 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB