Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed on which Grad school to choose
Thank you, I will check them out.
(06-21-2020, 07:56 AM)allvia Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 06:03 AM)lyndsey233 Wrote:
I can't take Walden.  They are unable to take students from Rhide Island at the moment, not exactly sure why.  They wouldn't let me apply.  Touro and Liberty are both listed as non profit with Capella being for profit.  I included Capella due to their Flexpath program.

Call/email them (Walden) there is probably a glitch in the online application for Rhode Island.  I know people in RI who have attended Walden (under their Tempo competency master programs - recently).

Walden doesn't align with Rhode Island.  I checked.  They won't approve it.
If the cost doesn't matter: https://www.online.colostate.edu/degrees/io-psychology/

(06-21-2020, 09:11 AM)xspect Wrote: I have a masters from Capella via flex path
I have a masters from Walden via tempo

They both have their pros and cons. I'll be hard-pressed to say one is better than the other. Between Capella and Walden I would choose strictly on price alone.

I paid $1175 per 3-month term at Walden
I paid $2800 per 6-month term at Capella

But if money wasn't an option. I would go to a not-for-profit school with a good rep.

I was trying to get this at Walden, because it said $2,800 under the 50% discount; but was told that the 50% is already included--so it's $2,800. Some people say getting it done in 2-terms is difficult. I sent you a private message with some questions, if you don't mind.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
Quick tidbit: Even at non-profits, there is always someone profiting Smile

The unfortunate situation of COVID has opened everyone's eyes to the viability of online work and schooling. Schools, even traditional B&Ms are quickly adjusting. There shouldn't be a reason to limit yourself to the schools you selected. You can now do almost any B&M program online now and in the near future. Before you leap into a "for-profit" or "for-profit-like non-profit", take a look at some of the schools with better reputations. I'm not an educations snob, but that's just my two cents.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
(12-15-2020, 01:44 PM)Prloko Wrote: Quick tidbit: Even at non-profits, there is always someone profiting Smile

The unfortunate situation of COVID has opened everyone's eyes to the viability of online work and schooling. Schools, even traditional B&Ms are quickly adjusting. There shouldn't be a reason to limit yourself to the schools you selected. You can now do almost any B&M program online now and in the near future. Before you leap into a "for-profit" or "for-profit-like non-profit", take a look at some of the schools with better reputations. I'm not an educations snob, but that's  just my two cents.

(12-15-2020, 01:44 PM)Prloko Wrote: Quick tidbit: Even at non-profits, there is always someone profiting Smile

The unfortunate situation of COVID has opened everyone's eyes to the viability of online work and schooling. Schools, even traditional B&Ms are quickly adjusting. There shouldn't be a reason to limit yourself to the schools you selected. You can now do almost any B&M program online now and in the near future. Before you leap into a "for-profit" or "for-profit-like non-profit", take a look at some of the schools with better reputations. I'm not an educations snob, but that's  just my two cents.
I ended up enrolling with Touro University Worldwide and I like it so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lyndsey233's post:
  • Prloko

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 885 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,846 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman ashkir 13 2,260 02-26-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,345 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,282 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,244 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,274 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Help - Masters Degree Advice bdcmetal666 12 3,123 11-18-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice for my mom who has a Master's in Economics and is ABD for a PhD Catcherinthecorn 9 956 10-22-2023, 07:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77