Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advice on these three TESU Liberal Arts Capstone advisors?
I have decided to take my Liberal Arts capstone this coming month and just get it over with! It is causing me too much anxiety. Even though I know it's not worth all the worry, I just want it finished.

Based on everything I've read here, I want to do the Online Course Option. The three remaining mentors are:

Brenda Moore;   Nina Haydel;   Augustus Black

I have gone on Rate My Professor only Haydel has more then one rating. I would appreciate any information and feedback you could provide. Thanks in advance!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jenna.C's post:
  • jsd
I don't think it's important who you pick. They follow the same rubric and the most important thing about the capstone is the formatting, and being able to put together academic papers.

Don't stress over the prof imo.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
I don't have any personal experience with any of these professors, but based on other's opinions it seems like Haydel is highly recommended, Black is doable, and Moore is not recommended.
(09-12-2018, 04:18 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: I don't think it's important who you pick. They follow the same rubric and the most important thing about the capstone is the formatting, and being able to put together academic papers.

Don't stress over the prof imo.

Thank-you! I will try, lol.

(09-12-2018, 06:00 PM)peacel Wrote: I don't have any personal experience with any of these professors, but based on other's opinions it seems like Haydel is highly recommended, Black is doable, and Moore is not recommended.

Thank-you! Very helpful, I appreciate it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jenna.C's post:
  • TacticalTechie
Currently in the Capstone class with a professor not named above. But what I can tell you is that Haydel wrote the book (literally) that is used in the Capstone, and the reviews by others from here in the forum have been almost universally positive.

I would have chosen her if I'd had the option. I'm a little frustrated with my professor at the moment. I turned Chapter 2 in almost two weeks ago. Chapter 3 is due Sunday, and Chapter 2 still hasn't been graded yet. Probably normal, but I expected more.
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(09-12-2018, 10:54 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: Currently in the Capstone class with a professor not named above. But what I can tell you is that Haydel wrote the book (literally) that is used in the Capstone, and the reviews by others from here in the forum have been almost universally positive.

I would have chosen her if I'd had the option. I'm a little frustrated with my professor at the moment. I turned Chapter 2 in almost two weeks ago. Chapter 3 is due Sunday, and Chapter 2 still hasn't been graded yet. Probably normal, but I expected more.

How have you gone about finding most of your sources for your project? Google scholar? The library? I haven't started the capstone yet, but it's in the back of my mind. 

I have read some of the sample papers on here and some are quite a bit different than others.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(09-12-2018, 10:54 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: Currently in the Capstone class with a professor not named above. But what I can tell you is that Haydel wrote the book (literally) that is used in the Capstone, and the reviews by others from here in the forum have been almost universally positive.

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through! That is very frustrating. It would be good to have Chapter 2 graded to know what you are doing right and if you are doing anything wrong. 
And I really appreciate you taking the time to answering me and giving me feedback on Haydel. It's very helpful. 
I hope your experience improves. Good luck!!
(09-13-2018, 08:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: How have you gone about finding most of your sources for your project? Google scholar? The library? I haven't started the capstone yet, but it's in the back of my mind. 

I have read some of the sample papers on here and some are quite a bit different than others.

As a TESU student, you get free access to the New Jersey State Library. This includes access to several online research databases. Some of them are also linked through a tab in the course's Moodle page for convenience. That's where almost all of my research material came from. You should apply for your NJSL card ASAP. It should only take a day or so to get your library card number and get access.

In fact, everyone who enrolls should get their card immediately. No need to wait until your Capstone.

Quote:https://www.njstatelib.org/research_libr...niversity/

The New Jersey State Library borrower’s card provides access to many special services as well as to specially licensed databases that are available only to New Jersey state employees in the three branches of state government, and to Thomas Edison State University staff and students.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-13-2018, 11:30 AM)davewill Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 08:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: How have you gone about finding most of your sources for your project? Google scholar? The library? I haven't started the capstone yet, but it's in the back of my mind. 

As a TESU student, you get free access to the New Jersey State Library. This includes access to several online research databases. Some of them are also linked through a tab in the course's Moodle page for convenience. That's where almost all of my research material came from. You should apply for your NJSL card ASAP. It should only take a day or so to get your library card number and get access.

In fact, everyone who enrolls should get their card immediately. No need to wait until your Capstone.

Quote:https://www.njstatelib.org/research_libr...niversity/

The New Jersey State Library borrower’s card provides access to many special services as well as to specially licensed databases that are available only to New Jersey state employees in the three branches of state government, and to Thomas Edison State University staff and students.

Wow! Thanks for the tip. I will definitely do that.
(09-13-2018, 08:25 AM)zzzz24 Wrote:

How have you gone about finding most of your sources for your project? Google scholar? The library? I haven't started the capstone yet, but it's in the back of my mind. 

I didn't really know how how the library system works, so I didn't get around to getting a NJSL card. However, ProQuest has worked phenomenally for nearly all my research needs. You can find it in myEdison under the Research Resources tab at the very top. For the remaining sources, a little bit of Google scholar helped as well. 
You got this!
[-] The following 1 user Likes peacel's post:
  • TacticalTechie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,359 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 460 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,237 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 534 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Need some advice tpell1219 17 790 03-31-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM