Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice over TESU
(08-31-2018, 07:01 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 05:59 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 05:55 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 05:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey gams007, where are you from? There are a few other degree options available for non-USA residents.  
armstrongsubero is completing his BALS at TESU and doing a BACS at U of People, it's all personal preference.

Hi my friend i'm from Aruba, the University of the People in not accredited institution.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that it isn't accredited, but the University of the People is nationally accredited by the DEAC. Granted, it isn't regionally accredited, but for most people it won't matter, particularly outside of the US.

I live in a Dutch country and here is important where you get the degree, most degree from some online institution they start offering something and later disappear, If some one do the Health Science degree and pretending to work as a Doctor The Government  will investigate where the student got this degree and it's going to be hard to be recognized or it will have to do the whole degree again. In my country they are universities but not for technical studies like electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineer here they offer scholarship to students to study in the USA or other country in a recognized institution they give you options from a list of international recognized universities. I you think in wont matter I  can edit just diploma in photo shop and print it out  and that it.  Cool   

You're talking about diploma mills and fake educational institutions, and there I agree with you. However, DEAC is a federally recognized and supported accreditation authority in the United States. DEAC does not support diploma mills or fly-by-night colleges. DEAC colleges are legitimate, recognized academic bodies and many (most?) are eligible for financial aid through the US government and recognized internationally.

The difference between regional and national accreditation is mainly about focus. Nationally accredited schools are mainly focused on career development (and are often for-profit) while regional accredited schools are more academically focused (and may be non-profit or for-profit). The difference usually only comes up within the United States, and mainly when trying to transfer credits between the two systems, pursue a graduate degree at an RA school, or when trying to apply as a teacher (since many RA schools only recognize credentials issued by RA schools, where NA schools will usually accept credentials from both NA and RA).

When I mentioned that outside the US it shouldn't matter, that is because both are typically internationally recognized as legitimate academic degrees. As far as I know, the differences between these two accreditation methods really only matter in the US. For example, I know that the University of Edinburgh is a pretty large international university that has partnered with the University of the People for their degree programs.

Given the advantages in the US of an RA school, I don't generally recommend NA options at the bachelor's level since it can limit your options, but outside the US, or for graduate degrees, it often doesn't matter. But then again, maybe the Dutch government discriminates between US degree programs based on NA vs RA. I don't see why they would, but I'm certainly no expert. My advice is not to assume the school is not legitimate or that it will disappear overnight, its just using a different accrediting body. Plenty of legitimate US colleges and universities are nationally accredited.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,571 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,003 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,165 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,026 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,025 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,903 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,264 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123