Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affiliate member & study.com
rlw74 Wrote:I just talked to an advisor and they said I can add the study.com membership to my application just by sending an email to admissions. I haven't heard back yet but that's the process I've used.

I just sent a ticket as well. Hopefully this goes smoothly for us.
ndelcollo Wrote:I just sent a ticket as well. Hopefully this goes smoothly for us.

I also submitted a ticket for this as well. Would love to save 200$ on the residency waiver. And I'm not 100% sure if we also get the Cornerstone waived or not. I was hoping this is the case otherwise for me to hit the 104 to get a waiver for it is going to push my timing back because I cant register for a TECEP without them adding the stupid cornerstone right now.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:I also submitted a ticket for this as well. Would love to save 200$ on the residency waiver. And I'm not 100% sure if we also get the Cornerstone waived or not. I was hoping this is the case otherwise for me to hit the 104 to get a waiver for it is going to push my timing back because I cant register for a TECEP without them adding the stupid cornerstone right now.

It should waive the cornerstone for you, as it did for me. In the case it didn't, my brother asked an advisor to remove it from his cart so he could do one at a time and they removed it. Not sure if that was just a fluke or an actual thing they do on request lol.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Nice!

and to refresh my memory.....the only way to enroll is to take a course of TECEP?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Nice!

and to refresh my memory.....the only way to enroll is to take a course of TECEP?

You can enroll through taking (and passing) a TECEP, the cornerstone, or taking an actual $1500+ course through them. The TECEP is just the cheapest way at $114ish. The cornerstone is the easiest way but is $300 and is only good for 1 Gen Ed credit. With any of these options, you are enrolled for 1 year and lock in the current year catalog.
keepsingin Wrote:It should waive the cornerstone for you, as it did for me. In the case it didn't, my brother asked an advisor to remove it from his cart so he could do one at a time and they removed it. Not sure if that was just a fluke or an actual thing they do on request lol.

I have will submit something on this right now and see if they will just remove it. I'd like to get ready for the Tax TECEP and just it that one down. I'd like to have everything done so I can focus on the Strategic Management TECEP for like a month then register and take it when I feel really good about it.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
so what if you are a former member? I completed 6 courses through Study.com, but not currently a member.
Synicaal Wrote:I have will submit something on this right now and see if they will just remove it. I'd like to get ready for the Tax TECEP and just it that one down. I'd like to have everything done so I can focus on the Strategic Management TECEP for like a month then register and take it when I feel really good about it.

I was just looking at the term dates today. To be eligible for the September graduation, transcripts need to be in by July 1st. I know you can add a class or two a few days after that as long as TESU is in the loop with your plans. The May term runs from April 30 - July 23 so that seems like the term to do the Strategic Management TECEP in. Registration for that term is from March 24 - April 15. Hopefully we are both able to meet that deadline and graduate in September. I will be cutting it close with my current Study.com schedule. At some point I will need to get two courses "ahead" so I can take my exams as soon as my month for July begins. I really do not want to wait an extra 3 months for December!
ndelcollo Wrote:I was just looking at the term dates today. To be eligible for the September graduation, transcripts need to be in by July 1st. I know you can add a class or two a few days after that as long as TESU is in the loop with your plans. The May term runs from April 30 - July 23 so that seems like the term to do the Strategic Management TECEP in. Registration for that term is from March 24 - April 15. Hopefully we are both able to meet that deadline and graduate in September. I will be cutting it close with my current Study.com schedule. At some point I will need to get two courses "ahead" so I can take my exams as soon as my month for July begins. I really do not want to wait an extra 3 months for December!

Ahhh dang you ndelcollo 81/120!!! man I'm only 1 ahead again lol. Congrats on the Strategic HR course. After I get the stupid cornerstone course waived I will be signing up for the TAX Tecep and taking it shortly after I can, Then signing up for the strategic management one. I think I may just borrow a few bucks from my GF so I can signup and complete all the SL courses sooner. I'd like to get them done asap so I can focus 2 weeks to study for my Intermediate Accounting Midterm. I ran my numbers and if I can manage an 80 or better on it should be smooth sailing the rest of the course.

I got it added to my application!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,371 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,601 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,527 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 733 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM