Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affordable online University of London degrees (start from 6k GBP)
(12-12-2020, 12:05 AM)nyvrem Wrote: not sure about the Coursera BSc program, but I know the UoL degree u get if u took economics from LSE would say something like "External Student" blah blah blah. Like employers in the UK and the commonwealth are bound to know u took em from UoL and not LSE.

1 "hack" people have been doing here is, they take the first 4-8 modules via UoL, and apply for transfer onto campus to finish the last 4 modules there and graduate as an 'on campus' student. I have a friend who did Creative Computing who did that. He also tapped on their career/jobs fair then he did that. it was pretty neat.

Yes, they allow you to transfer as on-campus student. I'll ask them if that is an option for LSE programs.
Maybe I will do that too lol

The price of the program is already pretty low ... and it can be reduced more after I transfer in US college credits.
You can only get exemptions for your first 4 modules of the program. Your US modules has to mimic the 4 modules that LSE has to get exemption. Am not sure if LSE lets you transfer on campus to finish your last year there, worth to ask. Different colleges under the UoL group do things differently.
[-] The following 2 users Like nyvrem's post:
  • nomaduser, Pikachu
(12-12-2020, 12:44 AM)nyvrem Wrote: You can only get exemptions for your first 4 modules of the program. Your US modules has to mimic the 4 modules that LSE has to get exemption. Am not sure if LSE lets you transfer on campus to finish your last year there, worth to ask. Different colleges under the UoL group do things differently.

So if you transfer in the first 4 modules, your price will be 4,000 GBP lol
That's pretty cheap. Big Grin

I'll ask if they will accept Study.com courses listed on Thomas Edison State University's transcript.
In the real world a degree from the University of London is a really big deal. TESU, COSC, or Excelsior not so much.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old Guy's post:
  • monchevy, nomaduser, Pikachu
Let's add University of London as 'Big Four'. Its degree costs less than $8500

All of their online degree programs will accept transfer credits from US institutions.

I think we need a specialized section on this forum so we can search courses that will transfer to University of London.
You can reduce down their tuition by transfer in US college credits.

Once you transfer in their entire freshmen year modules, you'll be paying only $5k USD for the remaining two years.
I have asked them if they'll accept study.com course credits listed on Thomas Edison State University's transcript. I'm waiting for their response.

@Merlin, what do you think?
(12-12-2020, 11:12 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Let's add University of London as 'Big Four'. Its degree costs less than $8500

Isn't part of the appeal of the 'Big Three' the transferrability of prior coursework?

Most universities accept some number of transfer credits, so UoL is hardly noteworthy there. What makes TESU, COSC and Excelsior different is that you can transfer over 100 (up to 117) credits. So far, UoL accepts . . . four courses? That's 25% of the degree programme.

The fact that this degree does not appear to be expedited is not going to appeal to a large number of users as well. If I already have 90 credits, I'm hardly going to sign up for three more years of distance study.

It looks like a great programme for the right person, but I've not seen anything that would put it up there with the other three. If anything, UMPI is a far more likely contender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • rachel83az
All of their Bachelor's programs are 3 year-long.
But they allow you to transfer in the entire first year courses.

So after you transfer the entire first year, you can finish their degree within two years.

Some of the users here will finish their big three degree in a year but some may take two years.
If you're going to take two years, then UoL degree is better I think. It's more popular around the world.

And the price will be cheaper after you transfer the first year. You could end up paying only $5k - $6k.
The best thing about this is if you start now, the way things are going the British Pound will be worth about $0.13 by time you transfer in your first year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ARhead's post:
  • nomaduser
(12-12-2020, 12:33 PM)ARhead Wrote: The best thing about this is if you start now, the way things are going the British Pound will be worth about $0.13 by time you transfer in your first year.

GBP was $1.12 early this year. Now it's $1.3 again.
I hope GBP will crash lol Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • AmenSandhu
(12-12-2020, 12:33 PM)ARhead Wrote: The best thing about this is if you start now, the way things are going the British Pound will be worth about $0.13 by time you transfer in your first year.

Great! So like what we deal with in Eastern Europe. XD About time the misery started flowing westwards.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 253 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,350 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 277 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,701 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,505 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 654 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 355 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 765 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 47 6,941 01-10-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: bornsupercharged
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 14,995 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77