Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After getting my degree Iam
snazzlefrag Wrote:I am even considering taking some extra exams that I don't really need for my degree, simply because they look interesting and I think I would enjoy studying for them. I might graduate with 450 credits! LOL

It's a real shame we can't test out of a Master's degree too. Wouldn't that be cool?

I honestly don't think any of us should EVER stop learning. It's good for the mind and healthy for the soul. Of course, once we have graduated, it would no longer be about passing or failing an exam...it would be purely about the learning!
There is always the option to get another BS degree. You may want to find other things to study that might be more pertinent to your career. Maybe microsoft office such as excel, word or powerpoint. I'm taking AutoCad online at the state of Georgia's expense. How about Lean and Six Sigma courses. Also check out the site for college lectures. i have a boat load of them and i used to listen to them on my 30 minute commute. They are great.
http://www.teach12.com/teach12.asp?ai=16281
I love to learn also. I plan on studying things that I've wanted to study for a long time, when I finis the degree. I would like to study more theology, philosophy and again, CAD. I'd love to get a Masters in Theology but it wouldn't help me in the Manufacturing field.Sad
[COLOR="Blue"]Dan
Douglasville, Georgia
Finished my degree 6-15-06
56 previous college credits (from 1987)
9 Dantes (Statistics, Ethics, World Religions)
9 CLEP (Socialogy, Prin of Management, American Gov.)
67 credits for my A&P license (Airframe and Powerplant)
TESC - BSAST- Aviation Maintenance Technology[/COLOR]
When I get done, I plan on:

1. SMILE and just look at it for a bit
2. Taking a break from school (i.e. RELAX)
3. Like many others, use my new acquired diploma to further my career (Navy OCS)

Best of luck to everyone!
Scott

Intro to Sociology
US History I
Civil War & Reconstruction
American Dream
Social Science & History

121 Credits total <--- All Done! ! ! ! !

AAT Technical Studies Excelsior College
(Grad Date 6/16)
BS in Liberal Studies Excelsior College
(September 2006)
I keep thinking things like, "I'm going to clean out my closet as soon as I finish my degree" or "I'm going to do some landscaping in the backyard as soon as I finish my degree" or "I'm so going to spend the day at the spa as soon as I finish my degree."

The key phrase being "as soon as I finish my degree..."

I think what that really means is I won't be slowing down anytime soon! I'll definitely ask for a raise and update my resume on monster. I'll spend more time teaching classes.

And most importantly, I'll go back to tucking my kid in every night (it's a half-hour ordeal, but it's so sweet!).
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 571 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 507 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 538 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 943 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 965 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,608 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,744 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,662 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 1,993 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How has your degree improved your life? kevinmane 21 6,453 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Zo_ey