Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks ACE on CCAF
I have used the search box and google search but still can't find an answer. Will ALEKS credits work for the CCAF math requirements? It sure would help if CCAF accepted those credits!
Try this thread: http://www.degreeforum.net/military-disc...-ccaf.html

I hope it helps!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I looked at that one being one of the only ALEKS and CCAF posts on this website. The only problem is that it stopped in 2010 before the person trying to get it done posted their results. So I may just have to contact someone at CCAF if no one has the answer of if it will transfer. Thanks for the help.
jetwiz Wrote:I looked at that one being one of the only ALEKS and CCAF posts on this website. The only problem is that it stopped in 2010 before the person trying to get it done posted their results. So I may just have to contact someone at CCAF if no one has the answer of if it will transfer. Thanks for the help.

If you read the posts further, the OP on that thread tried three separate strategies (ALEKS to ACE to CCAF, ALEKS to FHSU to CCAF, ALEKS to TESC to CCAF) and all three did NOT work. He then went and did SL to FHSU to CCAF and apparently it worked for him. Read through the entire thread and your answer is there. In summaray ALEKS courses do NOT transfer to CCAF.

http://www.degreeforum.net/military-disc...caf-4.html
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
jetwiz Wrote:I looked at that one being one of the only ALEKS and CCAF posts on this website. The only problem is that it stopped in 2010 before the person trying to get it done posted their results. So I may just have to contact someone at CCAF if no one has the answer of if it will transfer. Thanks for the help.

It won't. CCAF will not accept ACE credits for General Education requirements.
Orimaru1 Wrote:It won't. CCAF will not accept ACE credits for General Education requirements.

Thank you by the way for providing a ton of useful info in your previous thread.

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Orimaru1 Wrote:It won't. CCAF will not accept ACE credits for General Education requirements.
Clep and DSST are ACE credit points. I have had six credit hours aplied from Extrainstitutional testing to the general requirements of my CCAF degree. For a better answer I emailed the education advisor at Tinker and a CCAF contact that I found. I will post the response of those emails on here. I have read the posts. The people that tried never kept the thread going and it died in 2010. I just wanted to know if anything has changed from then until now. So I will post a definitive answer so everyone will no yes or no. Thanks for all of the responses.
No, it won't transfer. ALEKS is great but you would be much better served for CCAF purposes (and frankly for any/all future college transfers other than Big 3) by using ALEKS as a teaching tool to supplement studying for the CLEP. The CLEP will get you in the door most places, and knock out your CCAF requirement.

BTW if you are doing ALEKS college algebra you should try the College Math CLEP, 6 credits fairly easy. It's the equivalent of a finite math ("math for those who won't go through algebra") course. Just be sure to study some basic probability and logic too.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
jetwiz Wrote:Clep and DSST are ACE credit points. I have had six credit hours aplied from Extrainstitutional testing to the general requirements of my CCAF degree. For a better answer I emailed the education advisor at Tinker and a CCAF contact that I found. I will post the response of those emails on here. I have read the posts. The people that tried never kept the thread going and it died in 2010. I just wanted to know if anything has changed from then until now. So I will post a definitive answer so everyone will no yes or no. Thanks for all of the responses.

That would be helpful for those thinking of going through the same route. As for an updated answer, I recently attended NCOA and just so happened to have had (and still have) a CCAF rep in my class (talk about irony). I asked him the same question that I asked back in 2010 and was given the same response, the general credits received from ALEKS and then transferred to an ACE transcript will not be added to ones degree program. If you find out anything different, please let me know. I'll just say, your degree manager/administrator down in Alabama is who you need to talk to about that as they can provide a much better explanation. You're in OKC, I'm sure your Base Ed is much better than my own. Good luck and keep us posted!
Has anyone tried Penn Foster for Math? Math is my last one and I am not doing so good studying for it. I was wondering if Stats would transfer to CCAF.

PrLoko-isms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,219 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,134 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,883 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,840 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,273 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,792 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,234 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,755 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,307 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,027 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE