Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks College Algebra Initial Assessment
My understanding is that if you score a 70% or higher on the initial assessment then you can apply for credit with ACE and be done with it. My question is, can you apply for ACE credit immediately or do you have to wait a day or so to receive word from Aleks via email? I can't find the thread but I thought I read that you have to wait for some sort of email from Aleks before applying for the ACE credit? 

I am probably mistaken, I should be able to apply for ACE credit right after I score a 70% or higher on the Initial Assessment. I know Aleks is changing some things around and I just wanted to check since I am going to start Aleks College Algebra in a day or two.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Once you hit the => 70% on any assessment - apply for ACE credit immediately
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • AwardTour, ISKBizz15
As allvia said you can do it immediately. In fact, from end of assessment to when it was on my ACE transcript was about an hour.

Word of warning, don't switch course in Aleks until it shows on your ACE transcript (if you're planning on taking more than one class through Aleks)
[-] The following 2 users Like bezzina's post:
  • AwardTour, ISKBizz15
(06-25-2018, 11:28 AM)bezzina Wrote: As allvia said you can do it immediately. In fact, from end of assessment to when it was on my ACE transcript was about an hour.

Word of warning, don't switch course in Aleks until it shows on your ACE transcript (if you're planning on taking more than one class through Aleks)

Rumor has it that the information is retaining now if you switch (very good news).  I still lean towards the cautious side - and say wait until approved to switch, especially since they are so fast to approve the credit request.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • AwardTour
(06-25-2018, 11:14 AM)allvia Wrote: Once you hit the => 70% on any assessment - apply for ACE credit immediately

Thanks for confirming that allvia. By the way, I am treating the Initial Assessment itself like a Final Exam so I can get Aleks College Algebra done with and move on!

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(06-25-2018, 11:42 AM)allvia Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 11:28 AM)bezzina Wrote: As allvia said you can do it immediately. In fact, from end of assessment to when it was on my ACE transcript was about an hour.

Rumor has it that the information is retaining now if you switch (very good news).  I still lean towards the cautious side - and say wait until approved to switch, especially since they are so fast to approve the credit request.

I'll just put my experience in here. A few weeks ago I got the 70% on Algebra and went directly to ACE and added it. I switched to something different and was working on the initial assessment, may have just finished it, when I saw the email pop up on my phone from ACE about the Algebra.
From reading old posts on here, it looks like it used to erase your progress when you changed classes or something. I do know I can go into anything I've done and pick up where it left off.
I went to the ALEKS website and I see nothing about obtaining credit for these ALEKS courses. Does TESU take ALEKS credits? Why wouldn't they advertise and is there a limit to the number of courses I can take per month? I see its $20 per month... Am I missing something?
(06-25-2018, 10:11 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote: I went to the ALEKS website and I see nothing about obtaining credit for these ALEKS courses.    Does TESU take ALEKS credits?    Why wouldn't they advertise and is there a limit to the number of courses I can take per month?   I see its $20 per month...  Am I missing something?

Check this link:
https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Awesome.....$20 per month no catches? I can get my College algebra done for $20 seriously? Any limit to the number I can take per month
(06-25-2018, 10:17 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote: Awesome.....$20 per month  no catches?   I can get my College algebra done for $20   seriously?    Any limit to the number I can take per month

I don't know the exact price yet but I will find out when I sign up in a few days. I plan on knocking out College Algebra quickly. 

My advice is to sign up with Aleks soon and do what you need to do quickly. Aleks is scheduled to lose its ACE status at the end of July. People speculate on if it will get another extension beyond that. It has lost its ACE status before and gone quite some time before regaining its ACE status again recently. Who knows how long the gap could be again if there is one? 1 Year or more? Who knows, that is why I am getting it done now ASAP....

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 904 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,359 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,129 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,817 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 850 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Dyscalculia and Sophia.org Algebra and Stats retro 10 905 09-29-2023, 05:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,379 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Study.com acquires Enhanced Prep (K-12 tutoring, College Prep Provider) bjcheung77 5 809 03-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,870 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia