Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks College Algebra Initial Assessment
Trig  just got added to my Ace about 45 minutes ago.   pretty nice how fast ALEKS is with the credit additions.

I think you can't get credit for College Algebra w/ Trig and Trig

Now I have almost an entire month to take a crack at Intro to Statistics......Sure would be nice to knock that out also under this $20 investment
(06-29-2018, 07:19 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote: Trig  just got added to my Ace about 45 minutes ago.   pretty nice how fast ALEKS is with the credit additions.

Now I have almost an entire month to take a crack at Intro to Statistics......Sure would be nice to knock that out also under this $20 investment

Okay good, please let everyone know what it transfers as/how it shows up when you transfer to TESU. I will do the same myself when I transfer in 5 to 6 months to TESU. Regardless of what Aleks plans to do in the future, your credits are safe at ACE.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(06-29-2018, 08:04 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 07:19 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote: Trig  just got added to my Ace about 45 minutes ago.   pretty nice how fast ALEKS is with the credit additions.

Okay good, please let everyone know what it transfers as/how it shows up when you transfer to TESU. I will do the same myself when I transfer in 5 to 6 months to TESU. Regardless of what Aleks plans to do in the future, your credits are safe at ACE.

As I posted previously, College Algebra and Trig are the two you can combine. The ones you cannot combine are:
  • College Algebra + College Algebra w/Trig
  • College Algebra + Precalculus
  • College Algebra w/Trig + Precalculus
  • College Algebra w/Trig + Trigonometry
  • Precalculus + Trigonometry
  • Or any of the statistics courses with another stats course
College Algebra comes into TESU as MAT-121 (College Algebra) and Trigonometry comes into TESU as MAT-129 (Precalculus).

If you take any of the statistics courses, they have previously come into TESU as STA-201 (Principles of Statistics). Intro to Statistics still should, but Business Stats and Stats for Behavioral Sciences may come in as UL now after the recent changes at TESU.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour, Jimmy999
Am I right that College Algebra from Aleks would be only 3 credits, whereas if you take the Clep it would be 6 credits? Trying to decide if Aleks is a good idea before it expires again Smile
(07-17-2018, 02:55 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: Am I right that College Algebra from Aleks would be only 3 credits, whereas if you take the Clep it would be 6 credits? Trying to decide if Aleks is a good idea before it expires again Smile

As far as TESU goes https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program the CLEP College Algebra is only 3 credits; it is the CLEP College Mathematics that is worth 6.  They would not duplicate so ALEKS could be very affordable for the College Algebra at $20 (although you could go through the modern states course and get the CLEP voucher for free).  If you're good at math the ALEKS is hard to beat as you could potentially get 9 credits in math that don't duplicate - which would still allow you to take the CLEP College Mathematics rounding it up to 15 credits.  Of course you'd need to have room for all those math credits, but they are gen eds so it is very possible.

EDIT: To be clear CLEP College Algebra and ALEKS College Algebra duplicate, it is the others that do not.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thank you for pointing that out! Super helpful. Hard to pass up such a great deal as Aleks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,241 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,863 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 560 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 821 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Dyscalculia and Sophia.org Algebra and Stats retro 10 867 09-29-2023, 05:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,312 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Study.com acquires Enhanced Prep (K-12 tutoring, College Prep Provider) bjcheung77 5 791 03-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia