Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks - Did I pass the course?
Thorne Wrote:I wish everyone would do this. Nothing irked me more at my CC than when my "peers" would say, "I have a 74%, so I'm just going to skip [the final, the next two assignments, any studying]" like they don't need to learn the material.

They probably didn't. I've taken PLENTY of classes where I didn't need to learn the material. It would never again come up in life, and since it's 28 years later, I think it's pretty safe to say that.

I only did it because I liked it. And because I knew that if I went to 100% on Beginning Algebra, it would make it easier to do Intermediate Algebra. And so on.

I'm going through Managerial Accounting now, I think it's a complete waste of my time, and am not even trying to do anything but get the pass. I worked in Accounting for 8 years, never did a single thing that I'm learning in MA. Now Financial Accounting is a whole other story - used that on a daily basis no matter how high up I got in accounting. But managerial - nada.

We all only have a limited amount of time in our lives, and we have to choose what we spend it on. Some of us are just not going to spend it on schooling stuff above what's necessary. That's ok too.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks to everyone for the replies and opinions! I recently found out I am a having a baby, so my priorities are to finish my degree as quickly as possible. Under normal circumstances I would probably try to have maximum understanding of the material, but these are circumstances are quite special Smile Thanks again for the advice!
Ambitious_Apathy Wrote:Thanks to everyone for the replies and opinions! I recently found out I am a having a baby, so my priorities are to finish my degree as quickly as possible. Under normal circumstances I would probably try to have maximum understanding of the material, but these are circumstances are quite special Smile Thanks again for the advice!

OH WOW! Congrats... is it your first child? That's great news! BTW, which degree are you going for? Do you already have a set of college credits?

If you do have a list of college credits, you may want to enter them into a spreadsheet and post it here, or list it all... we can help you plan a degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It is my first, quite exciting. I do have a few credits, mostly random generals from when I was in community college.

English composition 1&2
Intro to Biology
General Psychology
US Government and Politics

Dropped out before math.

Here are some courses I have taken at Straighterline:
Western civ 1&2
Business communication

I have been looking at the TESU degrees with a lot of interest, particularly the BA in Psychology. I've seen that straighterline can help with the elective requirements and any generals I have left. But I have no idea where to start looking for the Upper Level requirements. Any advice on those would be appreciated. Thanks!
Ambitious_Apathy Wrote:It is my first, quite exciting.

I have been looking at the TESU degrees with a lot of interest, particularly the BA in Psychology. I've seen that straighterline can help with the elective requirements and any generals I have left. But I have no idea where to start looking for the Upper Level requirements. Any advice on those would be appreciated. Thanks!

First, Congrats!!

Second, most of the UL Psych courses can be completed through Study.com. There are currently a few that they don't have but are apparently working on. Hopefully by the end of the summer or so they will have the entire Area of Study available.

Good luck with school and the baby!
Ambitious_Apathy Wrote:Dropped out before math.

Congrats on jumping in and getting some math out of the way.

Congrats on the baby!

Ambitious_Apathy Wrote:Thanks to everyone for the replies and opinions! I recently found out I am a having a baby, so my priorities are to finish my degree as quickly as possible. Under normal circumstances I would probably try to have maximum understanding of the material, but these are circumstances are quite special Smile Thanks again for the advice!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,048 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,364 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,608 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,369 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Like To Know simple Way To Pass Western Civilization MidtownNYC 2 1,451 07-29-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,460 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,141 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,556 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  "Pass Your Class" website BobaFett2010 13 2,819 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 5,780 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin