Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses
Hi. 

Does Aleks let you complete only one course per monthly membership term of $19.95? Can I not try and complete more than one course, if I know the subject material? I signed up for Aleks today, and was surprised when I had to choose only one course. I wish to complete both Trig. & Stats. I know about 60 % of the subject material in both courses. Is there a way to speed up? I have started with Trig. and would like to complete Stats. alongside.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Unfortunately they only allow one course to be taken at a time. As soon as you pass the first course you are working on, you can switch over to another course. So while you can not take two or more courses simultaneously, you can certainly take all the courses you need to during a one month membership, provided you can successfully pass the ACE Knowledge checks in time.
Ok. Thank you for letting me know.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

Does anyone know what Aleks College Algebra course transfers into TESU as? Is it MAT-121, MAT-119 or MAT-115? I see different course numbers on this forum, all pointing to College Algebra. I already have MAT-121 from my GED Math. But I can easily complete Aleks College Algebra as I know more than 75 % of their content. The question is, will it duplicate with MAT-121? I am almost 80% done with Aleks Trigonometry.

(03-18-2019, 10:51 AM)Supermind Wrote: Does anyone know what Aleks College Algebra course transfers into TESU as? Is it MAT-121, MAT-119 or MAT-115? I see different course numbers on this forum, all pointing to College Algebra. I already have MAT-121 from my GED Math. But I can easily complete Aleks College Algebra as I know more than 75 % of their content. The question is, will it duplicate with MAT-121? I am almost 80% done with Aleks Trigonometry.

ALEKS College Algebra comes in as MAT-121.  ALEKS Trig comes in as MAT-129.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oh!! So I cannot take that course, as it will duplicate with my existing MAT-121.

What about Saylor’s MA001: College Algebra? Same?

(03-18-2019, 11:05 AM)Supermind Wrote: Oh!! So I cannot take that course, as it will duplicate with my existing MAT-121.

What about Saylor’s MA001: College Algebra? Same?

Same.

For TESU: All College Algebra courses we discuss on here are MAT-121 EXCEPT Study.com's MAT 101: College Algebra and DSST's Fundamentals of College Algebra, which both come in as MAT-115.

ALEKS, Saylor, CLEP, SL, TECEP, Davar, Propero, Sophia: all of their College Algebra courses are MAT-121.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I am close to completing Aleks Trigonometry course, and how I really feel is, ‘what an unnecessary drag!’ Trigonometry related material is so less compared to College Algebra, and I don’t see why they should have so much College Algebra in this course, when they have a separate course for that!

So, I competed Aleks Trigonometry today, and did the ACE knowledge check. How do I check the final score of the ACE knowledge check? It did not show how many I got right. It only flashed a message that I achieved 98% mastery in the subject. How does one interpret this?

How long did it take you to do the CSM Learn course? I am interested in taking that course for extra credits.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,542 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,562 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 700 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 267 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 413 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,471 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77