Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks credit to Excelsior or TESC
Hi, i tried to lookup and googled but got no answer. so please help me with this question. Wink

I have some Community College credits and planning to take CLEP & DSST get AA or BA at Excelsior or TESC.
and recently I heard about Aleks and thinking of taking these exams below.

College Algebra
Trigonometry
College Algebra with Trigonometry
PreCalculus
Introduction to Statistics
Business Statistics
Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

But, the problem is that i already completed these two classes at Traditional Community College 5 years ago.

MATH& 141 - Precalculus I *This class can be same as MAT 200 - Precalculus
BUS210 - Business and Economic Statistics *This class can be same as MAT 210 - Elem Statistics 1

If i take those Aleks exams and transfer to Excelsior or TESC along with those two credits from CC, do Excelsior or TESC accept the Aleks credits even though they are lower level than my CC credits or deny because i already completed upper level class or duplicate?

Please advise~ Wink
I am not sure about the math, but you won't get credit for Aleks stats at Excelsior. Typically, only one stats course from Aleks counts and that would already be covered by your CC credits. You may also run into problems with the math because you would be going backwards. Math courses are typically awarded credit in order. At Excelsior, there is a max of 9 credits at the level of Precalculus and below.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
UptonSinclair,
Thanks for your advice.
That's good to know that Excelsior only take one stats course. then maybe i can try to take a Intermediate Algebra or College Algebra or both exams if possible. but not sure because it's Math as you pointed out. Sad

then, i have another question about CLEP.

Let's say i took PSY-211-CE Human Growth and Development 1 year ago.
Can i take PSY-101-CE Introductory Psychology now?

I'm really confused about this Aleks, CLEP,DSST,SL,ECE stuffs. Do i have to take these exam in order?

ex) 101 (9/10/2013) -> 102 (10/10/2013) -> 201 (11/10/2013) -> 202 (1/10/2014)

I really wonder if Excelsior,TESC,COSC will accept them after evaluation.
mickey20 Wrote:UptonSinclair,
Thanks for your advice.
That's good to know that Excelsior only take one stats course. then maybe i can try to take a Intermediate Algebra or College Algebra or both exams if possible. but not sure because it's Math as you pointed out. Sad

then, i have another question about CLEP.

Let's say i took PSY-211-CE Human Growth and Development 1 year ago.
Can i take PSY-101-CE Introductory Psychology now?

I'm really confused about this Aleks, CLEP,DSST,SL,ECE stuffs. Do i have to take these exam in order?

ex) 101 (9/10/2013) -> 102 (10/10/2013) -> 201 (11/10/2013) -> 202 (1/10/2014)

I really wonder if Excelsior,TESC,COSC will accept them after evaluation.

at TESC math credit is NOT awarded in order. You can have completed Calc 3 and go back all the way down to College Math CLEP and back-fill. You can't duplicate any course ever, so don't plan the ALEKS Precal or Trig, both duplicate. Also, at TESC, all 3 stats courses duplicate, so stats is out. Based on what you posted, you can take (in any order) CLEP College Math for 6, ALEKS Intermediate Algebra for 3, ALEKS or CLEP College Algebra for 3.
I don't know if anything has changed recently, but at EC, I was allowed to go backwards from a College Algebra II course to the College Math CLEP. I also got UL credit for ALEKS Stats to create a depth in Math.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
EC has given me 12 credits for ALEKS mathematics. Does anyone know the CLEP-College mathematics duplicates with any of the below courses?

INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA P 3.00 N L
INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICS OF THEORY PROBABILITY P 3.00 N U
PRE-CALCULUS P 3.00 N L
TRIGONOMETRY P 3.00 N L

thanks
BS
The Business and Technology school bumped my College Math for beginning Algebra. There is a 12 credit requirement for college algebra and above for my degree though.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Also, the two algebra courses offered by ALEKS duplicate at TESC. It looks like you don't know for sure how your CC courses will be transcribed. It is possible they will duplicate ALEKS' precal/trig and statistics courses. 200-level is not UL at TESC.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Also, the two algebra courses offered by ALEKS duplicate at TESC. It looks like you don't know for sure how your CC courses will be transcribed. It is possible they will duplicate ALEKS' precal/trig and statistics courses. 200-level is not UL at TESC.

I'm not sure if you are referring to OPs courses duplicating or ALEKS algebra courses duplicating.

Just to clarify, ALEKS' two algebra courses(intermediate and college) don't duplicate at TESC, do they? I thought both algebra courses were accepted.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:I'm not sure if you are referring to OPs courses duplicating or ALEKS algebra courses duplicating.

Just to clarify, ALEKS' two algebra courses(intermediate and college) don't duplicate at TESC, do they? I thought both algebra courses were accepted.

No, I think he means the two precal courses duplicate. Algebra w/trig duplicates PreCal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,376 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,819 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,639 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,977 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,858 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  finishing ALEKS? a2jc4life 2 999 07-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life