Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Credit Project closing down
Fantastic!!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
I don't have an ACE transcript to check this out myself, but can anyone tell me if ACPE course codes are available to add to your transcript even thought it's past the March 31 date?
(08-18-2018, 02:41 PM)magflo Wrote: I don't have an ACE transcript to check this out myself, but can anyone tell me if ACPE course codes are available to add to your transcript even thought it's past the March 31 date?

If you already completed them before that date, you can still add them as they are available. All the ACPE are expired as of now, though a handful were extended to 5/31/18
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-18-2018, 02:41 PM)magflo Wrote: I don't have an ACE transcript to check this out myself, but can anyone tell me if ACPE course codes are available to add to your transcript even thought it's past the March 31 date?

You don't need an active ACE account to see what courses are currently available for credit: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main   Although ACPE is no more  - some courses that were ACPE are now available for ACE credit through the course provider directly (iie Saylor had many that were not ACE through them only ACPE, but now they are Saylor ACE course recommended)  Always wise to check the current status/dates of a course before taking it through any provider.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

with any ACE course, if you try to add a course's completion with a date that is outside of the range, it's blocked. You'll get message to choose a different date.

with any ACE course, if you try to add a course's completion with a date that is outside of the range, it's blocked. You'll get message to choose a different date.
[/quote]

Ah, thanks. That's the kind of info I was looking for. We haven't taken any of those courses yet but I was curious about this since the ACP FAQ says this: "institutions are no longer guaranteeing acceptance of these courses. Please reference the institutions website or contact the institution directly to determine whether the course(s) is/are accepted." Which seems to imply that some schools may still accept them and Fayetteville State Univ. still has ACP transfer info on their website and I have a feeling they would still accept it but I think it would definitely have to have the ACPE course code for them to accept it....
(08-18-2018, 08:25 PM)magflo Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 07:15 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Ah, thanks. That's the kind of info I was looking for. We haven't taken any of those courses yet but I was curious about this since the ACP FAQ says this: "institutions are no longer guaranteeing acceptance of these courses. Please reference the institutions website or contact the institution directly to determine whether the course(s) is/are accepted." Which seems to imply that some schools may still accept them and Fayetteville State Univ. still has ACP transfer info on their website and I have a feeling they would still accept it but I think it would definitely have to have the ACPE course code for them to accept it....
[/quote]

You could talk to the school to see if they will still work directly with the course provider. But you can't add a course to ace if you completed it after it's expiration date.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-18-2018, 08:25 PM)magflo Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 07:15 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

[/quote]

I believe Fayetteville is just slow to update their website. If you're targeting them, you should email them directly - you may already know, but none of the UNC schools or community colleges in NC accept ACE credit, so the ACPE relationship with Fayetteville was a HUGE WIN.... but I'm pretty sure they're done.

A while before they ended, I messaged the CEO of Straighterline and asked about building transfer agreements with the colleges that will fall off when the ACPE expires. He said they were pursuing it, but I haven't heard anything yet.

You could talk to the school to see if they will still work directly with the course provider. But you can't add a course to ace if you completed it after it's expiration date.>>

Aside from some Saylor courses, all the other courses inside ACPE were already ACE evaluated for credit, so it's a matter of asking them to take ACE now without the ACPE. Personally, I think SL missed a damn good chance of making this happen. They should have built the bridge BEFORE it expired- getting them on board as a partner school, but they missed that chance. <confused>
Sorry I'm a tad bit confused, so this doesn't affect TESU students as long as the Saylor courses are ACE approved?
(08-20-2018, 12:10 AM)katelynn Wrote: Sorry I'm a tad bit confused, so this doesn't affect TESU students as long as the Saylor courses are ACE approved?

yes, specifically ACE or NCCRS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,522 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,943 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 241 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 737 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Alternative to Metropolia fcfcfc 6 691 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 696 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,427 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 530 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 332 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks