Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amberton received first-time GAC accreditation
For those interested a degree in Project Management (announced Dec 2019) - https://www.amberton.edu

"After a rigorous accreditation process, Amberton University's BBA and MBA Project Management degrees received first-time GAC accreditation.

The Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC) is committed to fostering excellence and continuous improvement in project management degree programs. 

The GAC accreditation suggests that students who receive a degree in Project Management from Amberton University will possess the skills that meet the needs of businesses and government organizations, and are better prepared to enter the workforce as qualified professionals."
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • suzycupcake
Thanks for sharing this!

I would love to hear more from people who went to Amberton. So far there is only one guy that I've seen on here.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Awesome for Amberton U - This is great for people who want to get into Project Management at the graduate level!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I applied for the Amberton MBA in Project Management; sent transcripts and they took a few of my grad credits from when I was enrolled in the WGU MSITM (that was just not the right fit for me).  I will have 10 courses to complete; program is 12 courses (36 credits) - not including the required prerequisites that I already had due to my BSBA.

I'm not going to rush getting it done - going to take one course at a time, as my schedule and work/life balance allows.  I don't have tuition assistance so this is an affordable RA option; now also accredited by the PMI, and concentration is in my targeted career path. I'm going to get the 2 RGS courses done first, then I'll take the PM series sequentially (4 courses) - the remaining 4 courses I'll do when time and money allows.  I don't need the degree to take the PMP, but I'd like to earn a master degree.  I'll take the PMP when I finish the PM course series (likely end of 2021).  Time will go by either way - as we all know from the time spent earning our bachelor degree(s). It will be good to be working towards something, even if at a slow pace.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,615 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Input on My Amberton University Master's/HR Certification Plan Claudia P 8 570 02-13-2024, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Claudia P
  MS in Enterprise Analytics from Amberton? buttercup5000 5 449 10-01-2023, 10:07 PM
  Amberton klone 8 1,006 07-23-2023, 12:42 PM
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
  Question for Amberton University MAPD/Counseling students/grads Amberlinjeanne 3 681 06-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Amberton Grad Cert ss20ts 0 553 03-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IMD get's the Institutional AAQ accreditation in Swiss Harry101 1 402 01-28-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Aston University: Triple Accreditation MBA & More! bjcheung77 4 1,667 12-10-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
Big Grin Amberton's M.A. - Prof. Development - just graduated kevinmane 17 6,528 11-27-2022, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Tedium