Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amberton's M.A. - Prof. Development - just graduated
Great post!  Thanks for sharing.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Congrats!
Kevinmane/Thorne can you share your experience with Vesi?
What were courses like?
What were the requirements?
Time commitments?
Time to completion?
(12-06-2017, 11:08 PM)heinleineken Wrote: Congrats!
Kevinmane/Thorne can you share your experience with Vesi?  
What were courses like?  
What were the requirements?  
Time commitments?  
Time to completion?

Congrats! - Thanks! Just got the degree in the mail - super sweet!
Kevinmane/Thorne can you share your experience with Vesi? - Sure!
What were courses like? - All Education-related such as how to deal with aggressive children in a classroom. You review a bunch of slides, take tests based on those slides, and write papers.
What were the requirements? - Each course: four exams, four 500-1000word Q&As based on the info learned, and three 400ishword scholarly journal article (SJA) reviews (just review an article based on the course's subject and write about how it relates to the course and what you learned/applied from it). 
Time commitments?  - You could get a course done in one day if that's all you did that day. Otherwise, I'd say you could get it done in 2 weeks if you spent 1-2 hours a day on each one.
Time to completion? - They give you a whole year to complete the course, but they don't allow you to submit your exams/assignments for grading until 2 weeks after you order it. So even if you finish a course in a day, you're not gonna know your grade for at least 3+ weeks - so you might as well take your time.

I recommend the following:

-Take one course at a time

-Day 1, Review 1 slide, take 1st exam
-Day 2, Review 2nd slide, take 2nd exam
-Day 3, Review 3rd slide, take 3rd exam
-Day 4, Review 4th slide, take 4th exam
-Day 5, take a break
-Day 6, Do Q&A # 1
-Day 7, Do Q&A # 2
-Day 8, Do Q&A # 3
-Day 9, Do Q&A # 4
-Day 10, take a break
-Day 11, SJA # 1
-Day 12, SJA # 2
-Day 13, SJA # 3
-Day 14, Review all your writings, check for grammar, etc. - then submit.
[-] The following 5 users Like kevinmane's post:
  • cokididwa, dfrecore, High_Order1, suzycupcake, Thorne
Excellent breakdown of the Vesi course - Thank you!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • kevinmane
Truly appreciate the breakdown! I've been considering Vesi for some time now, and your response has pushed me over the edge. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes heinleineken's post:
  • kevinmane
Thanks for info on both. I'm starting to gather info for my second masters degree. First one is my hobby degree. It's cheap and I think I can finish it by end of the year. Plus I want that piece of paper for future resumes. I've been researching for my husband and I think this might work for him. Do you know if they allow you to take any finance/business courses in that degree plan?
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
A limited time option for low cost graduate credits that could be used at Amberton towards a MA Professional Development (all 9 applied) or any of their degrees that offer electives (my MS Human Relations and Business would have been able to use 6 of these).  These would be cheaper than VESi credits at $150 for all 9 credits.  See thread - American College of Education https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Telehealth
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • OtterDen, suzycupcake, Tedium
(11-12-2022, 09:36 AM)allvia Wrote: A limited time option for low cost graduate credits that could be used at Amberton towards a MA Professional Development (all 9 applied) or any of their degrees that offer electives (my MS Human Relations and Business would have been able to use 6 of these).  These would be cheaper than VESi credits at $150 for all 9 credits.  See thread - American College of Education https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Telehealth

They are extending the offer to the January start date, as well. People should jump on it if they need it. It's a fantastic deal.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • OtterDen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Input on My Amberton University Master's/HR Certification Plan Claudia P 8 570 02-13-2024, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Claudia P
  MS in Enterprise Analytics from Amberton? buttercup5000 5 449 10-01-2023, 10:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amberton klone 8 1,006 07-23-2023, 12:42 PM
  Question for Amberton University MAPD/Counseling students/grads Amberlinjeanne 3 681 06-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Amberton Grad Cert ss20ts 0 553 03-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Big Grin Where are my Amberton peeps? Have a question suzycupcake 7 1,118 10-30-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  New Amberton Grad Certificate ss20ts 0 610 09-21-2022, 11:23 AM
  Has anyone tried "The Center for Development of Security Excellence" thodeptrai 2 652 07-30-2022, 08:57 AM
Last Post: thodeptrai
  Amberton University ss20ts 13 2,072 06-28-2022, 04:46 PM
  ASU Global Leadership & Personal Development thodeptrai 15 2,660 05-21-2022, 01:04 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle