Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amberton still accepts VESIs from Augustana University as graduate credit
Around 2012 and 2013, a few people on here stated that they got their MA in Professional Development degree from Amberton University and were able to transfer in some graduate credit they earned from taking VESis from Morningside College.

It's been a couple years since anyone's posted about any possible changes or if this option of cheap graduate credit can still transfer to Amberton.

So I'm just letting you know first hand that you CAN still transfer VESi-graduate credits to Amberton to reach the 12 maximum allowable graduate transfer credits before you begin.

Not only did I get an advisor to attest to this plan via email, but I got an approval letter from Amberton stating they accepted a 3-credit course I took via VESis through Augustana.

I took a 3-credit course as a guinea pig just to make sure Amberton WOULD still accept them before I took all 12 credits all at once.

So now that they've officially accepted that 3-credit course, I just gotta finish up the other 9 credits I'm signed up for and then I will send those in as well and then I will enroll.

As a sidenote, I don't know if any other school will work for transfer. I just know Augustana worked. I believe Morningside will still work but that particular college requires case studies and additional paperwork for their VESi courses that you don't have to do at Augustana.

Another sidenote: do NOT take any 2-credit courses. They do NOT accept those, even if you take 3 of them for 6 total credits. They only want 3 credit courses. So just take FOUR 3-credit courses.

I recommend:

Learning Disabilities
Understanding Aggression
WHY DI?
Try DI

I recommend those because the DI courses are interrelated so it might make it easier when you take the 2nd DI course versus branching out to a whole new other subject. Also, the other courses offer a lot to write about for journal summaries. Plus they are very interesting and doable . It's hard to find interesting and scholarly journal articles about the subject of "Reading" than it is about Aggressive Behavior. And also, some of the other 3-credit courses (like Behavior is Language) requires more graded schoolwork than the usual 4 exams, 4 CTQs, and 3 journal summaries.

So stick with those 4 that I listed and you'll be fine. You could easily do any one of those courses in two weeks if you just worked an hour a day on 'em. You could potentially do a whole course in one day if you did nothing else from morning to evening, but it's not necessary since VESi won't even accept the completed course until after two weeks of first ordering the course. But you CAN finish early if you want to.

Do those courses for a total of $1140 ($285 x 4) which is about the cost or LESS of any 3-credit course you could take anywhere else, and you'll be 1/3 of your way done with a 36-credit master's at Amberton!

So just in case anyone was curious as to whether Amberton still accepts the graduate courses offered by VESi through Augustana University, I'm here to tell ya that they DO. Smile
Wow thank you for this information. I just signed up to start working on my Masters with Amberton, but I'll wait to finish the Vesi courses first. Thanks buddy!
wow - that's really a great update!! Let us know as you progress. Awesome!
I've just finished my MS in Human Relations and Business from Amberton, & used 4 VESi courses via Augustana:

Understanding Aggression
Behavior is Language
Why DI?
Try DI!

One thing to keep in mind about the classes is that ones such as Why DI? & Try DI! are counted as GEN5000 level. GEN5000 is any graduate-level transfer credits that Amberton doesn't have a class equivalent for. Those automatically get lumped into your electives. Keep that in mind before you take a bunch of VESi credits that might not fit into your program. It's fine if you're doing the MA in Professional Studies or another one that allows a lot of electives, but other degree programs might only have 6 hours of electives to fill. (As did mine.)

Classes like Behavior is Language and Understanding Aggression are counted as HBD5000. (Human Behavior and Development) You can get an evaluation from Amberton of the courses from Augustana before you take them. Just submit a request asking what they will credit you for a particular class from Augustana. They'll ask for a course description as well. That way you have it in writing. I will say that Amberton is quite good on giving straightforward, cut and dry answers and are exceptionally quick to respond. Unlike the alma mater for many of us. >cough< TESC >cough<
MS - Human Relations & Business, Amberton University
BA - Liberal Studies, TESC
AAS - Administrative Studies, TESC
AAS - Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies, TESC
Certificate - Crisis Management, Central GA Technical College
tb81 Wrote:I've just finished my MS in Human Relations and Business from Amberton, & used 4 VESi courses via Augustana:

Understanding Aggression
Behavior is Language
Why DI?
Try DI!

One thing to keep in mind about the classes is that ones such as Why DI? & Try DI! are counted as GEN5000 level. GEN5000 is any graduate-level transfer credits that Amberton doesn't have a class equivalent for. Those automatically get lumped into your electives. Keep that in mind before you take a bunch of VESi credits that might not fit into your program. It's fine if you're doing the MA in Professional Studies or another one that allows a lot of electives, but other degree programs might only have 6 hours of electives to fill. (As did mine.)

Classes like Behavior is Language and Understanding Aggression are counted as HBD5000. (Human Behavior and Development) You can get an evaluation from Amberton of the courses from Augustana before you take them. Just submit a request asking what they will credit you for a particular class from Augustana. They'll ask for a course description as well. That way you have it in writing. I will say that Amberton is quite good on giving straightforward, cut and dry answers and are exceptionally quick to respond. Unlike the alma mater for many of us. >cough< TESC >cough<

Kevin, would you mind sharing the links for Vesi and Augustana? Thanks!
Sure thing!
Augustana College Online Continuing Education Courses for Teachers - Distance Learning Courses - Professional Development for Teachers

Call the number to register on there and tell them you want Augustana University to transcribe them as graduate credits.
If they ask you if you have a BA and/or if you have teaching credential, whether you do or not, just say "Yes" to both questions.
They will email the course, you take it, you finish it, they grade it, and Augustana sends you an unofficial transcript in the mail with your grade.
Once you complete the 4 classes I listed on here, hit up Augustana and tell them to mail you an official transcript (it's free!).

They mail it to you.
You apply to Amberton.
Amberton will send you a request to submit prior credits earned.
You send the sealed envelope (official transcript) in the mailing packet.
Amberton hits you back that they've accepted it and will ask you to call them to set up a start date and academic plan.

Amberton takes 2-3 weeks to mail you back that you'v
And just FYI, the 4 courses I mentioned that were transferred in were all accepted and designated as GEN5000 (General credits - not in any subject)

So unless the specific master's degree you're going for at Amberton specifies that the transferred credits can be in anything, be careful about the requirements. I just know it works for the Master's in Professional Development degree ONLY - I can't comment on any of the other degrees. Smile
tb81 Wrote:I've just finished my MS in Human Relations and Business from Amberton, & used 4 VESi courses via Augustana:

Understanding Aggression
Behavior is Language
Why DI?
Try DI!

I just finished WHY DI? and am about to finish Understanding Aggression. I emailed Amberton and they told me Understanding Aggression will transcribe as GEN5000. I emailed the registrar to see if I can get Understanding Aggression transcribed as an HBD5000 because the entire course revolves around human behavior. Plus it would fit nicely into an MS as HBD5000 Smile

Will update when I get a response.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
So for anyone interested, since I'm taking Understanding Aggression through Augustana, they transcribe it as Educ 615: Technology in Education (totally different course with a different course description) which transfers as a GEN5000 and not HBD5000. Sad

Update:

Called Augustana, and they said Understanding Agression is transferred as EDUC 615: Understanding Agression but not the actual course that Augustana offers called EDUC 615: Technology in Education. Same course #'s confused me. So this means the course should transcribe as an HBD5000 course.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hunter91's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,544 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 8 655 04-16-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,777 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,083 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,858 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,275 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,030 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,625 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner