Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Literature CLEP
Any thoughts on studying?
Funny you should ask, I just sat this exam about two weeks ago.

I used study.com's american lit course (not the review, it's much more in-depth than I think was necessary). I pretty much just listened to the lessons with a pad and paper to jot down who wrote what: nothing too serious. If you decide to binge-watch the lessons, the names can get a bit overwhelming. Otherwise, it really wasn't too bad.

If you don't have access to study.com, the Complete Idiot's Guide to American Lit is invaluable. You can get it in e-book format, which makes it harder to flip back and forth to check things, but is cheap and convenient enough to be worth the hassle. You can definitely get all you need from the Idiot's Guide. I used it the day or so before the test as a way to review what I picked up from study.com. It was much quicker and easier to skim through, and had more concise, relevant info for the exam than study.com did. I can't recommend this book enough.

I spent about a week studying for the exam, and scored a 66. If I could do it again, I would have devoted more study time to the Idiot's Guide, and less to study.com. It's definitely doable; you got this.
robbalobba Wrote:Funny you should ask, I just sat this exam about two weeks ago.

I used study.com's american lit course (not the review, it's much more in-depth than I think was necessary). I pretty much just listened to the lessons with a pad and paper to jot down who wrote what: nothing too serious. If you decide to binge-watch the lessons, the names can get a bit overwhelming. Otherwise, it really wasn't too bad.

If you don't have access to study.com, the Complete Idiot's Guide to American Lit is invaluable. You can get it in e-book format, which makes it harder to flip back and forth to check things, but is cheap and convenient enough to be worth the hassle. You can definitely get all you need from the Idiot's Guide. I used it the day or so before the test as a way to review what I picked up from study.com. It was much quicker and easier to skim through, and had more concise, relevant info for the exam than study.com did. I can't recommend this book enough.

I spent about a week studying for the exam, and scored a 66. If I could do it again, I would have devoted more study time to the Idiot's Guide, and less to study.com. It's definitely doable; you got this.

captain cram's condensed audiobook for American Literature CLEP.... its' really good. I dont think its enough to pass on its own, but definitely very very helpful to commit large chunks to memory.
Which Complete Idiot's Guide to American Lit? There are many different versions and books?
I just sat this exam too, last month! The main thing to do is to practice reading passages of works and actually understanding what they mean. Mine, at least, was less about knowing who did what when, and more of what different words and phrases and emotions mean in context.
Did you have to do the essay? If so, any suggestions?
jennifeur2 Wrote:Did you have to do the essay? If so, any suggestions?

That's probably gonna depend on what school you go to?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,936 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 31 4,743 02-20-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: lahill3law
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 2,294 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,191 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,290 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 500 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Most underemployed majors according to the U.S. Census American Community Survey sanantone 33 2,831 09-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore