Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American and English Lit CLEPs
I've already taken and passed analyzing and interpreting literature. I'm not asking about that one...

I know that Instantcert doesn't have any literature CLEP guides, but has anyone else here taking either of these? I need another lower level literature credit (since I moved Analyzing and interpreting to my major--considered upper level credit for some reason [????]). I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for study, guides to point me to, wisdom about how easy or hard it is, etc.

And Steve, if you could create a set of flashcards for either of these, I'll bet they'd be popular. 6 credits each is pretty spiffy.

Thanks!
From the content outline, they look like really broad and daunting subjects to try to create materials for. If someone manages to pinpoint a concise study regimen for either of these subjects, we'd love to develop them!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I took English Lit today after a little study yesterday and doing fairly well on the prep test today. Passed fairly easily with a 61. It seems like the type of test that could be "crammed" for because most of the literary references are books that most of us have at least heard of, but like analyzing and interpreting literature, a good deal of it depends on how good of a reader you already are. Hard to study for that.
sirjake Wrote:I've already taken and passed analyzing and interpreting literature. I'm not asking about that one...

I know that Instantcert doesn't have any literature CLEP guides, but has anyone else here taking either of these? I need another lower level literature credit (since I moved Analyzing and interpreting to my major--considered upper level credit for some reason [????]). I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for study, guides to point me to, wisdom about how easy or hard it is, etc.

And Steve, if you could create a set of flashcards for either of these, I'll bet they'd be popular. 6 credits each is pretty spiffy.

Thanks!

[SIZE="3"]REA has a book of A&I Lit. For American Lit I used "The Idiots Guide on American Literature" and passed easily. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
For anyone else that may want information on taking these tests, I post this information:

I passed American literature today (needed 50, scored a 60). I had three main sources:

Wikipedia's American Literature page. I read all of their main page on American Lit and branched off from there to read a few of the biographies or book synopsises.

Freeuniv.com's American Literature page. OK, so actually, this just pointed me to this page, but hey, credit where credit is due. This page was quite useful.

Then there was The Complete Idiots Guide to American Literature. I spent about two hours with it at Barnes & Noble last night. I only got to read about the first 200 pages before I needed to head home. I think it was rather helpful.

I probably could have passed with just the first two, but the third was certainly helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,935 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 31 4,740 02-20-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: lahill3law
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 2,294 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,191 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,561 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,290 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 756 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 500 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  Most underemployed majors according to the U.S. Census American Community Survey sanantone 33 2,831 09-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Latin American University Rankings Alpha 0 413 07-14-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha