Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
American overseas - needs undergrad degree - Open to FAFSA Aid - best program(s)?
Thanks for the feedback so far. 

SOPHIA Courses done & passed:
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Approaches to Studying Religions
Art History 1
Developing Effective Teams
Intro to IT
The Essentials of Managing Conflict
US History 1
For what it's worth, ss20s has reported that if you are going to go to UMPI then you do not want to do English Comp I & II. Finish everything at Sophia, aside from English Comp, and you're good to go.

On the other hand, if you plan to get a degree from TESU or COSC, you need to determine how much (if any) financial aid you qualify for. Aside from the capstone and cornerstone that MUST be taken at the degree-granting school, you will need an additional 24 RA credits. With financial aid, it might make the most sense to take some/all of your UL classes with TESU/COSC itself. Without financial aid, it would be cheaper to take LL classes like Algebra and English Comp I/II from inexpensive sources like TEL Learning or Olivet Nazarene.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Prof.Gringo
Can Americans overseas apply for Fafsa?
(02-09-2021, 09:13 AM)Seagull Wrote: Can Americans overseas apply for Fafsa?

I honestly have no idea. I haven't looked into it at all. Americans are still Americans and still pay American taxes, even when abroad, so my first inclination would be yes. But I would also not be surprised to find out that it's not allowed.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

I believe so. I'm planning to finish a degree at a US-accredited  school abroad, and they encourage people to fill out the FAFSA while there. You can't get anything but direct loans through FAFSA there, as it's still on foreign soil, but I suspect that if you happen to be overseas and enroll in an American school online, you should be eligible for everything you would normally be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • Prof.Gringo
Here's a list of foreign universities that participate in the FAFSA program - for Americans studying abroad:

Aid for International Study | Federal Student Aid
(02-09-2021, 10:41 AM)Prof.Gringo Wrote: Here's a list of foreign universities that participate in the FAFSA program - for Americans studying abroad:

Thanks.

Most of them are for medical schools programs. But good to know it is an option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • Prof.Gringo
(02-09-2021, 10:41 AM)Prof.Gringo Wrote: Here's a list of foreign universities that participate in the FAFSA program - for Americans studying abroad:

This is for schools you attend in another country. It sounds like you live outside the US and want to attend a US school. That's a different situation than this link.

For your purpose, it says you need to be an American citizen.  It doesn't say you have to live here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-09-2021, 01:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

This is for schools you attend in another country. It sounds like you live outside the US and want to attend a US school. That's a different situation than this link.
The question is not for me. And no, I am talking about being a US citizen and living abroad, not the other way around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 271 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,043 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,087 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,689 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 85 12,248 01-12-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 839 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 14,980 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 632 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,236 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,257 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts