Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished CCAF
I finally finished my CCAF degree. I took my last two classes at American Military University. I took College Algebra and Art Appreciation. My next goal is my B.S. Aviation Maintenance Management at Liberty University. I have to take four Gen Ed classes before January semester start date. I need College Comp II, a Science course, a History course and an elective. I have to complete 30 semester hours with Liberty. I chose Liberty because College Algebra is all the math I need. I struggled through my College Algebra course at AMU and barely passed it with a C- but it's done. Art Appreciation was easy and I finished that class with an A-. All work completed but one homework assignment.

Jack
Congrats Soldier!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! cheersmate

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Congratulations! And thank you for your service!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Well done - Congratulations!!!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
jethomasjr Wrote:I finally finished my CCAF degree. I took my last two classes at American Military University. I took College Algebra and Art Appreciation. My next goal is my B.S. Aviation Maintenance Management at Liberty University. I have to take four Gen Ed classes before January semester start date. I need College Comp II, a Science course, a History course and an elective. I have to complete 30 semester hours with Liberty. I chose Liberty because College Algebra is all the math I need. I struggled through my College Algebra course at AMU and barely passed it with a C- but it's done. Art Appreciation was easy and I finished that class with an A-. All work completed but one homework assignment.

Jack

Congratulations on your accomplishment, from a fellow CCAF alum. Quick question (just curious). Why did you go with Liberty instead of Embry Riddle?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Embry Riddle changed their math courses. Aviation Math 111 and 112 is Trigonometry and Calculus 1. If they would have left it to College Algebra and Trig, I would have finished Trig.
Congrats, I'm still the speech class short, but can't wait until I knock it out even if I have my Bachelors before the CCAF.
Well done on completing the CCAF. Are you looking for recommendations on where to take the gen eds, or just stating what your next set of courses will be?
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hightecrebel Wrote:Well done on completing the CCAF. Are you looking for recommendations on where to take the gen eds, or just stating what your next set of courses will be?

I was just stating what my next set of courses will be. I have four more Gen Ed credits to get before I start at Liberty. I am going to try one course with Straighterline first to see if its the path I want to go down. I haven't taken any CLEP's or DSST test. I just can't seem to figure out how to study and keep focused. I don't know if its because I'm scared to take one and fail it or if its just me being used to having the curriculum in front of me and know I have to do it or lose the money and have to pay it back. I've read many others post stating how long and how many hours they studied for the test. I'm no a great test taker and I think that is part of my problem.

Jack

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,129 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,093 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,792 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,131 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,743 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,188 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,238 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,003 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  Ccaf tsimmns 23 4,385 10-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel