Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Accredited Local CC - 6 Free Credits
Coastal Community College is offering 6 free credits. https://www.coastalalabama.edu/news/news...y-college/  The money is supposed to be from a Covid government grant. I don't know all the specifics of this program because I don't need to at this time, but it may be worth checking out. 

Some courses are available online and some are not.  I saw English Courses available online, but no CIS available.  Search the subjects for online courses.  https://ssb-prod.ec.accs.edu/PROD/COASTL...crse_unsec

My 3 kids attended some courses here, and we liked it for the courses we took.  They all transferred in to TESU. Coastal CC is free to apply, and free to send transcripts.  Enrollment ends soon (August 6th, 2021) and courses start August 23, 2021.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • MNomadic
extra info
for out of state: from the FAQ "you still qualify! However, the Coastal Cares Grant only covers up to $972, which is the in-state rate for tuition and fees. Therefore, you may still have a balance to pay, even if you are only taking 6 credit hours."
and if that link to the courses isn't working for you try this https://ssb-prod.ec.accs.edu/PROD/COASTL..._dyn_sched

based on looking at random courses on the schedule, it doesn't seem like it's set up for online remote proctoring, but rather you'd have to find a college near you that will help out.

Thanks for sharing
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 3 users Like P226mem's post:
  • Dorothy44, Ideas, jch
do they offer any online courses??
Basically - If you do a search for courses and select all subjects and chose only Online, you will get hits. There is this sentence in red.

ONLINE: This class meets completely online. Students are not required to come to campus. Students have the option to take exams on campus or in a College approved proctored environment. Access to a computer with high-speed internet, speakers, and a microphone is required.

WOW, they have many courses available online! <you didn't read this, it's all mine, mine, mine> <wet fart>
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I realized their out-of-state tuition costs twice as much as their in-state tuition. So, if you take 2 free courses, you'll be charged $1,100. That's too expensive.
nomaduser Wrote:I realized their out-of-state tuition costs twice as much as their in-state tuition. So, if you take 2 free courses, you'll be charged $1,100. That's too expensive.

If international students get the CARES awarded, they can get up to 6 credits, if someone decides to take a science with lab, that's 4 credits, they can have the course for a bit over $100 USD. So, this would be the cheapest RA, graded credits for a lab science, such as say, BIO II, CHEM II, PHYSICS II, or whatever else that's hard to find elsewhere for cheap. You don't have to get exactly 6 credits to reap the biggest rewards...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44
(07-22-2021, 06:45 AM)P226mem Wrote: extra info
for out of state: from the FAQ "you still qualify! However, the Coastal Cares Grant only covers up to $972, which is the in-state rate for tuition and fees. Therefore, you may still have a balance to pay, even if you are only taking 6 credit hours."
and if that link to the courses isn't working for you try this https://ssb-prod.ec.accs.edu/PROD/COASTL..._dyn_sched

based on looking at random courses on the schedule, it doesn't seem like it's set up for online remote proctoring, but rather you'd have to find a college near you that will help out.  

Thanks for sharing

Thank you for fixing the 2nd link.  Mine quit working.
(07-23-2021, 11:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
nomaduser Wrote:I realized their out-of-state tuition costs twice as much as their in-state tuition. So, if you take 2 free courses, you'll be charged $1,100. That's too expensive.

If international students get the CARES awarded, they can get up to 6 credits, if someone decides to take a science with lab, that's 4 credits, they can have the course for a bit over $100 USD.  So, this would be the cheapest RA, graded credits for a lab science, such as say, BIO II, CHEM II, PHYSICS II, or whatever else that's hard to find elsewhere for cheap.  You don't have to get exactly 6 credits to reap the biggest rewards...

How can I get the CARES award?? Big Grin
"Students complete a short form to sign up for the grant opportunity. The form will be e-mailed to students after they register for fall classes." https://www.coastalalabama.edu/news/news...y-college/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,531 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 346 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,160 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,954 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 460 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 714 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 303 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,259 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 524 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,951 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso