Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unexpected Journey to a BSBA
Dear Members and Visitors,

I am not the type to write long, inspiring, fun messages, but all the members of this forum deserve this little note.

As stated on my title, this whole adventure was unexpected. Last July, I decided to finally complete my bachelors starting with only 9cr of CC. After googling my way through the jungle of websites and schools, I stumbled upon this website.

I went through the failures, disappointments, success, and even the fun stories of all members and from the bottom of my heart I want to say THANK YOU! You have been mentors, teachers, friends in my journey giving me a hand inconspicuously. To all new comers, please take the time to read the many pages of posts since you will start learning from day 1. I can't emphasize enough the importance of the thousands of posts, whether old or new, that are here providing such valuable information.

Let me finish this by stating that two weeks ago, TESU finally updated my academic evaluation with 120 out 120 credits completed. It took me 7 months in total to finish it...it wasn't easy, but it feels amazing and I couldn't have done it without the help of this forum.

With that said, a very special shout out to the following members that held my hand through this craziness directly & indirectly
dfrecore, AngelaP, sanantone & cookderosa

Once again THANK YOU and keep helping others.

Sincerely,
DS.
DESM

24 to go

CC (2012)
World Religions - A, Speech Communication - B, Intro to Sociology - A

CLEPS (August-September 2015)
Introductory Psychology - 64, Spanish Language - 80, Western Civilization I - 58, Western Civilization II - 57, Principles of Macroeconomics - 54, Principles of Microeconomics - 52, Principles of Marketing - 59, Principles of Management - 52, Information Systems - 64

DSST (September-October 2015)
Ethics in America - 462, Principles of Supervision - 422

ECE (September-October 2015)
Organizational Behavior - A, Human Resource Management - B

PF (October)
Financial Mngmt - 96

SL (October-November 2015)
Eng Comp 1 & 2 - 80, Acct 1 & 2 - 86, Bus Comm - 82, Bus Stats - 83, Biology - 74, American Govt - 83, Business Law - 84

Sophia (December 2015)
Project Management - 89

Aleks (December 2015)
Intermediate & College Algebra

Kaplan (December 2015)
PLA - Learning Recognition

American Institutes (December 2015)
Ethics & CPCU
Congrats!!! Great job!!!!!
Congratulations! Well done!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
dseminario1 Wrote:Dear Members and Visitors,

I am not the type to write long, inspiring, fun messages, but all the members of this forum deserve this little note.

As stated on my title, this whole adventure was unexpected. Last July, I decided to finally complete my bachelors starting with only 9cr of CC. After googling my way through the jungle of websites and schools, I stumbled upon this website.

I went through the failures, disappointments, success, and even the fun stories of all members and from the bottom of my heart I want to say THANK YOU! You have been mentors, teachers, friends in my journey giving me a hand inconspicuously. To all new comers, please take the time to read the many pages of posts since you will start learning from day 1. I can't emphasize enough the importance of the thousands of posts, whether old or new, that are here providing such valuable information.

Let me finish this by stating that two weeks ago, TESU finally updated my academic evaluation with 120 out 120 credits completed. It took me 7 months in total to finish it...it wasn't easy, but it feels amazing and I couldn't have done it without the help of this forum.

With that said, a very special shout out to the following members that held my hand through this craziness directly & indirectly

Sincerely,
DS.

Good job! I guess it's grad school for you?
Have you decided which program and school?
Wow, 7 months is quick, I am planning for end of this year for me, 10 months.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Congratulations to you and I am glad I was able to help.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
Congratulations!
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016
Congrats! You knocked that out quick.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
Woah! Impressive Wingspan!

You need to throw yourself one bad graduation party.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Well done, congrats!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
dseminario1 Wrote:...

That was great. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article about DegreeForum journey smartdegree 11 1,302 02-19-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,396 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advice for 16 year old American-BSBA Online from Southeast Asia schlocker 6 2,039 12-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: schlocker
  UW - First Competency-Based BSBA at AACSB School sanantone 0 1,114 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only Sweetswinks 18 3,513 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,801 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
Question Other BSBA Programs allow max alternative credit? SCYankee 13 3,171 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Looking for BSBA in General Management. Need a plan. David.Hamad 3 1,447 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,579 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  BSBA COSC UL Courses - HELP PLEASE jthatcher50 1 1,185 02-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: nosey561