Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open invitation to all in the zero column
I am a firefighter attempting to get a degree (AA in Emergency Management from TESC) for either promotion or a new job with another department. I have 2 formal online classes from Ashford University, and numerous classes, including FEMA to turn into credits. I am hoping to clep a few classes this month. I have been reading these posts every day almost and find them extremely helpful.

The one thing I haven't seen is a review on College Network Study Guides. I have purchased some off of Ebay and they seem to be OK. Any Thoughts??
ps.. just noticed this is an off topic forum, sry Smile
btw, I may have found the answer to one of my questions regarding Network +.

link for anyone else who stumbles across this post with the same question I had.

http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...ht=network
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Don't feel shy about sharing an occasional let down (aka: exam failure) as we can all learn from that as well; God knows I have (aka: %@#*&^@! - College Math Clep).

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shoto,
I would love to tell you about my exam failures but I don't think they really count. And the reason I say that is because all of my exam failures happened before I found this forum and the IC way of studying. Big Grin
But yes, I have failed quite a few before IC. Now I'm 10 SH from my associates and about 21 hours from my BS from Excelsior, thanks to all of you guys.Smile
Oops I just realized I'm not in the Zero column so your thread probably doesn't apply to me.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I was a member on here 2 years ago, but I quit taking tests when my personal life got too hectic. Now I'm on here again, a newbie, and I was motivated to get back in it becase my company announced that they were shutting down June of next year and I will lose the job I've had for the last 7 years. Anyway, Excelsior hasn't finished my evaluation yet but I need to get through about 95 credits in the next year. So that's my story and if I don't post much it's just because I am trying to do this fast! Busy...are there any other single mothers out there, by the way? This seems ideal for busy single mommas, just to comment on the overall.
Good luck alissa. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
Good Luck with your studies, I was a single Mom trying to work full time and go to school 30 years ago. I didn't make it, but with all of todays online help IC being the best!!Big Grin you should do fine. Don't hesitate to ask for help or encouragement we are here for you.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another step toward open access Alpha 2 1,002 09-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  ACE Student of the Year Nominations Open ashkir 8 1,135 12-15-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: jch
  How difficult is to open University in USA? cecilgambe7 16 3,071 11-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Applications open for free data science program MNomadic 0 1,194 12-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST Test center open on Sundays in Maryland subhuman 0 1,067 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Last Post: subhuman
  Sony Vaio 13.3" Laptop (New, Open Box) bricabrac 0 748 07-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Massively Open Online Courses: The new threat to the college monopoly dcan 4 1,088 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer