Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing & Interp. Lit
I do not show any study guides on IC are there any online study guides for this exam?

I only have 30 days to finish 5 LD units or I loose all my UD credits from UOP. I'm trying to decide if it would be easier to study for 2 weeks Analyzing & Interp Lit or to take two 3 unit DSST exams (Criminal Justice & Intro to Law Enforcement).

Any recommendations and or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm a straight A student but not much of a test taker. I was going to finish out my units at the local community college but the semester ends 1 (yes one) day after my dadline, so now I'm up against the wall and in need of any help you all can offer.

Thank You!!!!

Heather (make that stressed out Heather)
I took A&I Lit a few weeks ago. It wasn't bad at all. Because it is just basically reading comprehension there are no IC flashcards for it. I would recommend that you take the Peterson's practice tests if you want to get a feel for it. I only reviewed the specific exam feedback then did 2 of the Peterson's practice tests just to gauge my speed since that seemed to be an issue for some. I will say that the passages on the practice tests are much shorter than what I had on the actual exam. I finished with about 10 minutes to spare, so I went over a few I had marked for review and ended with 4-5 minutes to spare. Just keep track of your time. If you like to read and do well with reading and comprehension you should be fine. I would think you could be ready in a day or two. Good Luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
If you are okay with English go A&I but if you have the time Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement can be studied using the same book, Cliff Notes and it almost a sure pass if you study well. I could have taken A&I also but I was a little too nervous with that one and choose the others and passed without a problem. I studied for 2 weeks-met my deadline @ UOP and I am graduating June 7th! Go for it!
Thanks everybody. I'm still 'unsure' which is the best. If I can get the two DSST vs the CLEP done it seems that might be the easier route. I've been an insurance claims adjuster dealing with 'litigation' for over 8 years so I have a pretty good broad knowlege of a lot that is covered in CJ and Law Enforcement....I may take what seems to be the easy road for me, in the end as long as I get my degree that's all I care about.

Cheers to me getting done and graduating May 30, 2009 as a dual major with a 3.88 GPA! Whooo Hooooo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP AwardTour 2 1,409 07-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) Tictac 12 6,135 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Analyzing and Interpreting Lit CLEP cgf 2 1,014 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: cgf
  Analyzing and Interpreting CLEP and TESU omnk522 2 1,049 01-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Last Post: omnk522
  Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP bad links icy 2 797 08-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem
  Essay for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature Croissant 0 572 10-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Croissant
  Struggling with Analyzing & Interpreting Literature Togas 32 3,293 10-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Togas
  CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Lit. Does TESC require the essay? Siren101 1 647 09-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  I'm going to lose my score on analyzing lit CLEP beastcoast 11 1,704 09-15-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (any way to study for this)? Life Long Learning 1 544 09-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning