Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
I just took this test the other day and wanted to get some insight from some of you on it.

Has any one taken the CBT (Computer Based Test) version of this test? If so, what did you think of it and did you think you had enough time?

I just took the old paper verion (scan tron and everything), and found it to be pretty hard... mostly because I was taking my time and rereading almost all the passages and before I knew it, I was almost out of time. This is a FAST 90 minute test (80 questions). Ok, enough of that, I just wanted to get some insight from some of you who have also taken the test and see how you felt about it.

scott
I was 13 questions short of completing the test when time ran out. I still, with prayers being said, hit the report score button and thankfully passed anyway with a 63. I did not study for this test and overall, except for the time element, found it relatively easy. Good luck to everyone on this test and don't worry about rushing to answer each question before the times runs out.
I took the paper version yesterday as I am in the military. I kept looking at the clock wondering if I was going to finish. I filled in my last answer right as time expired. I thought the first half of the test was easy, but the second half was more difficult.

I think I was getting tired and had a more difficult time understanding the passages since you have to determine what context they are tyring to convey. I kept having to reread the sentences. The more I thought about the time limit, the less I comprehended.

The only studying I did was to go to peterson's and take a portion of a sample test. I anwered 11 questions and had enough. I checked the answers and got 7 out of 11 right. I figured I could just wing it so I did. Now for the waiting game.
I took a CBT version a couple of months ago and finished with around 15 minutes to spare. I passed too. Smile
I took the CBT version in 2003 and finished with a little time to spare and passed with flying colors. I can say, though, I had a great bunch of English Lit teachers in high school and gained a great interest through the knowledge they bestowed upon me. I'm sure that had everything to do with me passing the test with ease and time to spare.Smile
Thanks for the insight.... I'm not sure what I scored either, being in the military we have to wait almost 3 weeks to get our test results back. It's a long wait, but hey, you can't beat a free test.

I will let everyone know how I did. I am also waiting on two other test results. I should get those back this week.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Cold_navy Wrote:Thanks for the insight.... I'm not sure what I scored either, being in the military we have to wait almost 3 weeks to get our test results back. It's a long wait, but hey, you can't beat a free test.

I will let everyone know how I did. I am also waiting on two other test results. I should get those back this week.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I am waiting on the results from 4 exams. How do you find out your results Cold_navy? I check the Community College of the Air Force site as it shows once they enter it in the system. My education office gets it about a week later.
I just did this today, about the only thing I think that would have made it a little better was more study of literary terms and devices. Other than that just spend some time reading Frost, Yeats, and Shakespeare to get a feel for the styles of writing you may encounter.
To be honest with you, the only way we (those in the Military) get to find out our scores is when our respective education offices either:

1) Tell us the score via email or phone call
2) You see it posted on your repective military transcript (SMART for Navy and Marines).

I have waited as long as 6 weeks for a result! And never saw one come back faster then 3 1/2 weeks. If you want your score right away, you can go to a testing center out in town and take the new CBT version of the CLEP test. From what I understand, you get your score the second you answer the last question and end the test. The cost of these tests a $15 for a processing fee. I might have to do that the closer I get to graduation, that way I can get my scores to Excelsior faster. As it is now, it takes about 6-8 weeks from the time I take the test for the scores to get on my Excelsior transcript. That's not much shorter then taking the class itself......

I hope that helps...
Cold_navy Wrote:To be honest with you, the only way we (those in the Military) get to find out our scores is when our respective education offices either:

1) Tell us the score via email or phone call
2) You see it posted on your repective military transcript (SMART for Navy and Marines).

I have waited as long as 6 weeks for a result! And never saw one come back faster then 3 1/2 weeks. If you want your score right away, you can go to a testing center out in town and take the new CBT version of the CLEP test. From what I understand, you get your score the second you answer the last question and end the test. The cost of these tests a $15 for a processing fee. I might have to do that the closer I get to graduation, that way I can get my scores to Excelsior faster. As it is now, it takes about 6-8 weeks from the time I take the test for the scores to get on my Excelsior transcript. That's not much shorter then taking the class itself......

I hope that helps...
Thanks for the info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Chinese Literature in Translation-Poetry" at BYU-IS still available pws 2 1,053 12-04-2019, 05:07 AM
Last Post: pws
  Non-Western Literature - New course from study.com nosey561 0 976 09-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  English Literature CLEP , Any experiences 2L8 3 2,011 10-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Dewm
  CLEP literature tests - 6 credit or 3 credit ConqueringCollege 7 1,943 10-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  A&I Literature CLEP Essay brodie 3 1,547 09-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP AwardTour 2 1,383 07-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) Tictac 12 6,016 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  American Literature CLEP Averylee6 6 2,477 06-22-2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Collegelady2
  Analyzing and Interpreting Lit CLEP cgf 2 1,007 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: cgf
  English Literature CLEP test. aefren 8 2,793 03-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Last Post: pncantu04