Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anatomy and Physiology - online and cheap Microbiology - online and cheap
I just found out that Clovis (NM) has both online with a lab. I may look at those - it's just too hard to take them through the California community college, as they have cut back on all classes.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

It's not clear to me why you are re-taking lab sciences after graduation. I understand that your labs are over 10 years old and not current for a clinical practice education. But if you are thinking of one of these, I would suggest that you make sure of the lab course requirements for your possible target institution. E.g. USCs PA program requires that the 7 core lab sciences be current and that they have been earned at "reputable" institutions for which they name some CA CCs as examples. The schools were all B&M, and while the lecture course could be online, the lab had to be taken at the school. Good luck.
For the program I'm looking at, I can take everything online and it can be ACE or RA. CA CC's aren't an option, they are impacted, and unless you have priority registration (which I wouldn't) you can't get science, English or math classes. My consideration is really which courses I think I can do best in. None of the classes I have to take are going to be fun, which means my discipline will falter Smile

Just as a personal aside, I wouldn't go to any college or program that only considers B&M schools/courses/whatever to be "reputable." In my mind, it's old- school, inflexible, etc. It's a huge red flag to me. It means that they really don't understand that it actually takes more dedication/discipline/determination/self-drive to learn independently and without a classroom setting, than it does to take a traditional class.

JohnnyHeck Wrote:It's not clear to me why you are re-taking lab sciences after graduation. I understand that your labs are over 10 years old and not current for a clinical practice education. But if you are thinking of one of these, I would suggest that you make sure of the lab course requirements for your possible target institution. E.g. USCs PA program requires that the 7 core lab sciences be current and that they have been earned at "reputable" institutions for which they name some CA CCs as examples. The schools were all B&M, and while the lecture course could be online, the lab had to be taken at the school. Good luck.
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Could not agree with you more about your comments on the overpriced "name schools" who are jealously guarding their lock on clients who don't know any better. By the way, I have a soon to be graduated BSAST Respiratory Therapy CA student who will be looking for a clinical grad degree. What program and where are you looking?
I'm looking at the Excelsior BSN program.

JohnnyHeck Wrote:Could not agree with you more about your comments on the overpriced "name schools" who are jealously guarding their lock on clients who don't know any better. By the way, I have a soon to be graduated BSAST Respiratory Therapy CA student who will be looking for a clinical grad degree. What program and where are you looking?
Denise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 547 04-17-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,508 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 267 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 391 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,359 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 326 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,741 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 748 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,767 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 405 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader