Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Degree
Hey, guys, I had an interesting conversation today with an advisor at UMPI apparently they may be discontinuing individuals to come back for a second bachelor's degree has anyone been aware of this potential new policy if so update us..
(09-01-2022, 08:15 AM)jb0433 Wrote: Hey, guys, I had an interesting conversation today with an advisor at UMPI apparently they may be discontinuing individuals to come back for a second bachelor's degree has anyone been aware of this potential new policy if so update us..

When you mean "advisor", did you talk to someone actually at UMPI (like Jessica) or one of the random minions at the 3rd party call center?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-01-2022, 08:17 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 08:15 AM)jb0433 Wrote: Hey, guys, I had an interesting conversation today with an advisor at UMPI apparently they may be discontinuing individuals to come back for a second bachelor's degree has anyone been aware of this potential new policy if so update us..

When you mean "advisor", did you talk to someone actually at UMPI (like Jessica) or one of the random minions at the 3rd party call center?
I spoke specifically to an advisor;  I prefer not to say which one because this information may be inaccurate. (Reminder I am a graduate of UMPI just for clarification  I have a foundation of consensus on the institution yourpace structure).  This was relatively odd coming from an advisor who advises and schedules yourpace students>

I spoke with Jessica recently about a second degree (she was nice enough to do an evaluation based on my transcripts), and she didn't mention anything like this. Doesn't mean it isn't true, but there was no hint of a timeline on enrolling for another BA.
It seems like a flawed business decision. Due to the lion's share of the second degree being already completed through transfer, the ROI for a new student vs. returning may be more enticing. However, considering the ability as a new student to transfer 90 credits towards your degree, a new vs. returning student almost falls into the same category. Again, suppose you measure the ROI for a new student completing their programs on average 3-4 terms (I don't have this data) vs. a returning student who most likely could complete the degree in 1-2 semesters (another guesstimation). In that case, the revenue adds up to a conceivable structure moving forward.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
Following. This will be interesting.
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
Hmm, I haven't heard anything in regards to this either. BTW, did they have an internal shuffle for the registrar team? Is Alex no longer there? I should update my contact lists for each school I correspond with... With COSC, after the Assistant Director retired a couple of years ago, I kind of lost contact with their team, oh wells...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Undergraduate Degree Liberal Studies w/ a Minor in Psychology molov 1 43 9 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 196 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 403 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,574 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 517 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 508 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 242 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,655 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 338 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 637 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera