Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any CCU or NCU graduates mind sharing their experience?
Hello all,

This pertains more to a graduate program, but I am looking for any members that have graduated from CalCoast University (Accredited Online Education | Online Degree Programs - California Coast University) or NorthCentral University (Accredited Online University & Graduate Degree Programs | Northcentral University) with their Masters. There have been very few I have already found and have already messaged. But if you have experience from either of these Universities, and don't mind me messaging you about your experience, please let me know! Smile

It would greatly help my decision by hearing you share your experiences!

Thank you in advance, any insight or feedback is greatly appreciated.
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University
I haven't attended either one, but I'm just curious as to why you're choosing between a DETC school and a regionally accredited for-profit that is not all that cheap.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
That is a great question and even I wonder that sometimes. But the current situation I am in, has these 2 schools as my best option. I am looking for a masters program that is fast, cheap, and extremely flexible with their courses because of my work. Let me also point out that the career I am getting into is not that specific about certain accreditations. The higher levels of my career, strictly requires a Bachelors, which mine is from a RA school, so I am solid there. A Masters, would just be icing on the cake, that little extra something that the next candidate may not have. Which is why I am open to NA programs, also due to the fact I do not see myself getting more than a Masters, which is why I believe an NA school would be sufficient for me.

Now my work situation. I am a seasonal firefighter, meaning I work A LOT during the fire season, sometimes I am gone to fires for 2-3 weeks at a time, on big enough fires, sometimes a month. I get laid off during the winter for about 3-4 months. During the winter is when I will be getting most of my schooling done, and maybe one or two classes, if that, during the fire season. This is the reason why I am staying away from programs that require me to really involved in discussion topics or ones that have a strict attendance/assignment schedule. Also, ones that have a hefty semester tuition, because I would hate to pay a few thousand for the 6 months during which I cannot complete much.

CCU masters program is around 9000, they require one class every six months, I can complete as quickly as I would like, and I am given everything at once for the course, all tests (except finals) and writing assignments, letting me go at whatever pace I choose, and once I complete a course, I can start the next one in as little as a days notice. Some have completed a masters from here in as quickly as 6-8 months. My goal is about 12 months. Also, even though they are fully online, their University office is literally 20 minutes from where I live. Giving me that accessibility to personnel. Just today I sat down with their academic adviser and discussed my options

NCU I do understand is more expensive, but they do have the RA accreditation, which would help avoid any discrepancies regarding my Masters during the next 30 years of my career (highly unlikely though since I explained my career situation). The way their program works is what interests me. From what I have heard and read throughout this forum is once you have access to the syllabus of a class, you can literally complete the assignments without actually being enrolled in the class just yet. So I can enroll in my first class and get ahead on my next classes simultaneously, then when I enroll in those, I can just submit all my assignments and wait for them to be graded. This I see as super flexible for my schedule. Because I can cram and get a lot done during the off season. I have not yet gotten a chance to speak with someone from the college to further convince me of NCU.

I have considered WGU, although I do not see myself as a strong writer.. at all.. which I heard that's all it is.

A big decision factor is how the program can be completed, and since It does not play a HUGE role on my career, just icing on the cake, I am looking for a fairly simple one.

But yeah, this is my thought process on it. Please share your opinions because I'd like to hear your thoughts about this.

CLEP
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Organizational Behavior
Introduction to Business
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks

In Progress
What kind of degree are you looking for? Patten University doesn't participate in Title IV funding (financial aid), but it's cheap and self-paced.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I would like to continue my education in business. What will benefit my career is something in either Business Administration or Public Administration. So right now I've unofficially chosen an MBA.

CLEP
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Organizational Behavior
Introduction to Business
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks

In Progress
Sanantone, thank you for throwing Patten University offers the chance to earn a college degree debt free out there. I am quite intrigued. I may be contacting one of their counselors to discuss their options.

Have you personally had any experience with them? Or know interesting things about their program that would convince someone to choose them?

CLEP
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Organizational Behavior
Introduction to Business
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks

In Progress
seanmathews Wrote:Sanantone, thank you for throwing Patten University offers the chance to earn a college degree debt free out there. I am quite intrigued. I may be contacting one of their counselors to discuss their options.

Have you personally had any experience with them? Or know interesting things about their program that would convince someone to choose them?

Nope, but I could have sworn there was a member here who started their program. They seem to be a lot like WGU, but with less writing.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
seanmathews Wrote:I have considered WGU, although I do not see myself as a strong writer.. at all.. which I heard that's all it is.

Isn't that also true of graduate programs at NCU and CCU, perhaps even more so?
I heard that Columbia Southern University's MBA is light on writing. They are accredited by DETC.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,573 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Anyone with experience/knowledge on army medic to civilian LVN pathway? studyingfortests 4 433 12-16-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capella - Virginia LPC Experience Rweber 0 309 09-26-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Rweber
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 610 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Labor Market Outcomes of College Graduates by Major by New Yotk Fed 2023 learnforlife 0 717 03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
  Average Salaries Of College Graduates 2023 LevelUP 0 506 02-01-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  I have changed my mind... I'll apply to Georgia Tech's OMSCS nomaduser 5 1,662 12-25-2022, 12:43 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Top 10 most-regretted majors and the degrees graduates wish they had pursued instead EDUxplorer 1 581 11-26-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  UMass Global / Brandman myPath Application and Transfer Experience? origamishuttle 8 2,040 01-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  30,000 Graduates Alpha 0 588 12-16-2021, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Alpha