Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Experience at WTAMU, LSUS or National University?
I am deciding between West Texas A&M and Louisiana State University at Shreveport for an MBA. I'm also considering National University for an MPH. Is there anyone here with experience in one of these programs?
I don't believe National U is regionally accredited....that would be a deal breaker for me if true. Despite what NA accreditation proponents say, I will stick with RA accreditation as a minimal baseline
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
National University is regionally accredited (WASC) and their MPH program is accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH) as well. Like you, I wouldn't consider non accredited or NA programs.
Rebel, you are mistaken. National University is regionally accredited by WASC. Since 1977, National University has been accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).Accreditation | National University
Tim D Wrote:Rebel, you are mistaken. National University is regionally accredited by WASC. Since 1977, National University has been accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).Accreditation | National University

Work for National U, Tim?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Decius73 Wrote:I am deciding between West Texas A&M and Louisiana State University at Shreveport for an MBA. I'm also considering National University for an MPH. Is there anyone here with experience in one of these programs?

I was supposed to go to LSUS for my Bachelor's degree. Took the placement, even set my schedule for my first semester. Then got PCS orders, Arghh...

Anywho, LSUS was a respected local school when I lived in the Shreveport/Bossier area. It won't have too much recognition outside of the area, but it may fit your needs.

I don't have any experience with WTAM. I know National is one of those Pheonix/SNHU/Kaplan type schools. There are plenty of MPH programs to choose from, I'd consider another unless there is some tremendous advantage for you in going to National. I think GWU has a respected one, but you may not have the hefty tuition handy.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thanks Prioko for your response. I don't need name recognition, so LSUS would work just fine. As for National University, it is one of the few somewhat affordable MPH programs that are CEPH accredited and offered online. The major difference between National and UOP, Kaplan, ETC is that it is not for profit, but it still has that stigma attached to it.
I stand corrected...carry on. Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Where do you live? I was all set for U or West Florida, but decided against it at the last moment (as in had my vaccinations and was all signed up). They are CEPH accredited and offer in state rates even for border students in parts of Alabama...the program is fully online. http://uwf.edu/graduate/tuition-funding/...afford-it/

Also, they offer grad level certificates that are fully applicable to the MPH later on http://catalog.uwf.edu/graduate/publiche...ertificate So a way to get started but be able to exit after just 3 classes with something to show for it.
AS in EMS August 2010

I live in California. I'll take a look at your links. That's an interesting strategy.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 244 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,072 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,455 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,849 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,977 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,317 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,302 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy