Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Experience at WTAMU, LSUS or National University?
Decius73 Wrote:Thanks Prioko for your response. I don't need name recognition, so LSUS would work just fine. As for National University, it is one of the few somewhat affordable MPH programs that are CEPH accredited and offered online. The major difference between National and UOP, Kaplan, ETC is that it is not for profit, but it still has that stigma attached to it.

Me personally, I think National is a credible institution, but as you stated, it has that stigma. I don't think you can go wrong with LSUS. Nice campus also. I also lived down the block from their baseball field. Also, if I remember, University of Louisiana-Monroe had a low cost AACSB accredited MBA (LSUS is cheaper though); not that you have to go to a Louisiana school, just jogged my memory is all Tongue
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I actually got accepted to both schools ,but decided on ENMU.edu instead. Both schools have the highest or most recognised business accreditation. You can't go wrong with either, although WTAMU, endowment is much larger.
Prloko Wrote:Work for National U, Tim?

If I do they are vastly under paying me! As I have never made a penny from them. Rumor has it I have been around distance learning a day or two(National has been around online for a long time, I even looked at them once upon a time). Not nearly as long as some people, however.
My employer got discount graduate courses in a single masters major with National University (you can't choose another degree program). I went through the whole process of getting admitted into their graduate school and then decided to not enroll. There is too much negative stigma (most people outside my work assume it's like Univ of Phoenix). The discounted tuition was still too high once you converted the quarter credits to semester equivalent, the butt-in-seat time really stunk, and I knew SoCal folks with a different arrangement got a much bigger discount at another private university. Also, too many of my co-workers were going for the single discounted degree program. I was going to compete against my classmates in the future, and I didn't like my odds.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Tim D Wrote:If I do they are vastly under paying me! As I have never made a penny from them. Rumor has it I have been around distance learning a day or two(National has been around online for a long time, I even looked at them once upon a time). Not nearly as long as some people, however.

It was just odd that your first post on this forum was to plug a university mentioned in the thread. That's why I asked if you work for them, because more times than not, some of these schools have employees on staff whose job it is is to search the internet for comments on the school and talk it up. There are anecdotal examples in this forum as well. Nothing wrong if you do. The reps many times actually clear up a lot of issues, but we do appreciate that if you are that it is disclosed.

Not really sure what your third and fourth sentences are trying to convey. Do you mind clarifying?

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Prloko Wrote:It was just odd that your first post on this forum was to plug a university mentioned in the thread. That's why I asked if you work for them, because more times than not, some of these schools have employees on staff whose job it is is to search the internet for comments on the school and talk it up. There are anecdotal examples in this forum as well. Nothing wrong if you do. The reps many times actually clear up a lot of issues, but we do appreciate that if you are that it is disclosed.

Not really sure what your third and fourth sentences are trying to convey. Do you mind clarifying?

Didn't look like a plug. It looked like a quote from their website about accreditation.
TrailRunr Wrote:My employer got discount graduate courses in a single masters major with National University (you can't choose another degree program). I went through the whole process of getting admitted into their graduate school and then decided to not enroll. There is too much negative stigma (most people outside my work assume it's like Univ of Phoenix). The discounted tuition was still too high once you converted the quarter credits to semester equivalent, the butt-in-seat time really stunk, and I knew SoCal folks with a different arrangement got a much bigger discount at another private university. Also, too many of my co-workers were going for the single discounted degree program. I was going to compete against my classmates in the future, and I didn't like my odds.

What stigma regarding National?
Sagan Wrote:Didn't look like a plug. It looked like a quote from their website about accreditation.

Which is why I found it odd as their first post. Like I stated earlier, I don't care if they do work for National, but full disclosure would be nice. As far as I understand, they already alluded that they don't.

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:It was just odd that your first post on this forum was to plug a university mentioned in the thread. That's why I asked if you work for them, because more times than not, some of these schools have employees on staff whose job it is is to search the internet for comments on the school and talk it up. There are anecdotal examples in this forum as well. Nothing wrong if you do. The reps many times actually clear up a lot of issues, but we do appreciate that if you are that it is disclosed.

Essentially that I am not a shill or a troll.
Yes, it was my first post here but I did not want the OP to be misled by bad information(that the school was not RA).
Tim D Wrote:Essentially that I am not a shill or a troll.
Yes, it was my first post here but I did not want the OP to be misled by bad information(that the school was not RA).

Noted. Thanks for clearing that up, and welcome to the forum.

PrLoko-isms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 292 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 754 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,960 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,189 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 507 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,345 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 377 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,734 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 685 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,317 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel