Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Other Possible Tests To Test Out Of?
Hey Everybody! I'm excited that I have applied to TESC and that they show my 93 credits in their unofficial transcript section of their website. I was informed that they are only going to accept 87 due to not having any place for the Analyzing & Interpreting Literature Clep to go. So I have 33 credits to go. I'm interested in pursuing a Bachelor's in accounting from TESC and do not think I want to take SL's accounting courses since they are not regionally accredited and I may want to sit for the CPA exam in my state(GA) one day. I have attached a spreadsheet showing all the tests I have taken so far, and was hoping I could test out of a few more areas since the total price to finish my degree through TESC appears to be about $11-12k.

Do any of you find any missing areas where Cleps/DSST's/Other Online Classes could be taken? Any suggestions on how to make finishing my accounting degree cheaper?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Daniel Bill's Credits.xlsx (Size: 9.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
Accounting-Independent Study in Idaho-University of Idaho

Accounting > Division of Continuing Education > Colorado State University-Pueblo

Online Course Catalog - BYU Independent Study

https://is.lsu.edu/courselist.asp?cat=Ac...id=102&pg=
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
This would look nice on the resume nestled just under your BS/BA from TESC https://is.lsu.edu/ACCTCertificateProg.a...O&Online=1

..........never mind, they require you to have a bachelors to sit for the program.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Luna Community College in New Mexico also offers some accounting courses. When I glanced at their web site the other day, it doesn't seem like they offer a wide selection each semester. In other words, if you're in a rush, this isn't for you. It is, however, a really good deal as long as you take 6 or fewer credit hours per semester even if you're an out-of-state student. For me, it's cheaper than my local community college. I may consider taking accounting courses through them if I every get my act together and finish my last three courses!
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
The accounting specialization will require 12 UL credits, and TESC will not give UL credit for CC courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 1,853 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  California teaching credential w/ a test-out degree 12save 3 1,579 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,683 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up TEST ASBA yayowonder 4 1,746 07-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,104 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,914 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  Excelsior Statistics Test nnursing 0 1,250 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: nnursing
  Alternative Test Equivalencies ORD 2 902 05-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Last Post: DavidHume
  Where can I find a list of TESC degrees that I can test out of entirely? anox 14 3,075 05-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: anox
  Language Proficiency Test as Humanities/Elective at TESU? Gymfan15 3 981 05-25-2017, 11:35 AM