Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any cheap/quick upper level business courses?
I’m looking for two upper level courses: business law & business finance. Need these to finish my degree this summer (late June). I’d prefer if they were either self paced or short term, about 5 weeks max. Affordable is a requirement so under about $250/credit would be what I’m looking for. Any help is super duper appreciated!! Smile

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
If the school takes NCCRS (which many don't), Davar Academy has Corporate Finance and International (Multinational) Finance.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • harrypotter
I don’t think they’d accept NCCRS. But I just found Penn Foster’s Corporate Finance course & its upper level, this should cover the finance course but I do still need the business law course.

(02-21-2018, 08:41 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I don’t think they’d accept NCCRS. But I just found Penn Foster’s Corporate Finance course & its upper level, this should cover the finance course but I do still need the business law course.

Is your school nationally or regionally accredited? If its a regional school, they may not accept credits from Penn Foster since it's a nationally accredited school (or was last I checked.) If your school will accept ACE Credit recommended courses for credit you may still be able to use Penn Foster; their Corporate Finance course appears to be ACE Credit recommended for 3 upper division credits. In that case, you'd just need to transcript the course via ACE.

Then again, if your school accepts ACE Credit, then that opens a number of options. For example, Saylor, Straighterline, and Study.com all offer an ACE recommended business law course. However, I don't think any of those courses are recommended for upper level credit by ACE. Of course, they might still be evaluated as upper level by your school. It would be up to them to determine whether they'd meet the requirements of your course plan.

Study.com and Davar both offer Corporate Finance courses, but they are both NCCRS, not ACE Credit recommended.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • harrypotter
Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (UL)
- CSU-Global has a CBE for $250 if your school would accept it.
- CSU-Pueblo IS has a course for $555

Business Law (UL)
- Sam Houston State University Correspondence Self-Paced $573

Business Finance (UL)
- Sam Houston State University Correspondence Self-Paced $573 - IN REVISION
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • harrypotter, Muldoon
(02-21-2018, 11:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (UL)
- CSU-Global has a CBE for $250 if your school would accept it.
- CSU-Pueblo IS has a course for $555

Business Law (UL)
- Sam Houston State University Correspondence Self-Paced $573

Business Finance (UL)
- Sam Houston State University Correspondence Self-Paced $573 - IN REVISION

Nice finds, thank you!

(02-21-2018, 10:49 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 08:41 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I don’t think they’d accept NCCRS. But I just found Penn Foster’s Corporate Finance course & its upper level, this should cover the finance course but I do still need the business law course.

Is your school nationally or regionally accredited? If its a regional school, they may not accept credits from Penn Foster since it's a nationally accredited school (or was last I checked.) If your school will accept ACE Credit recommended courses for credit you may still be able to use Penn Foster; their Corporate Finance course appears to be ACE Credit recommended for 3 upper division credits. In that case, you'd just need to transcript the course via ACE.

Then again, if your school accepts ACE Credit, then that opens a number of options. For example, Saylor, Straighterline, and Study.com all offer an ACE recommended business law course. However, I don't think any of those courses are recommended for upper level credit by ACE. Of course, they might still be evaluated as upper level by your school. It would be up to them to determine whether they'd meet the requirements of your course plan.

Study.com and Davar both offer Corporate Finance courses, but they are both NCCRS, not ACE Credit recommended.

My current school (New England College) is RA, but I have a NA AA degree that they accepted and they’ve confirmed accepting ACE credit. They said they would accept both study.com’s lower level legal business courses to fulfill the business law course + 2 elective credits. Which I thought sounded great but I don’t need to be takin on more than I need to right now. Thanks for the help

Penn Foster's Corporate Finance is UL, and ACE-recommended if they'll accept it, and it's only $329.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
OP - Don't you already have 90 credits transferred over to NEC? They only allow up to 90 credits for transfer...
How many more courses do you need from NEC? From this site, it indicates you have to finish 30 credits from them.
https://www.nec.edu/admission/undergradu...er-policy/

8. There is no limit to the number of transfer credits that can be granted; however, a student must earn at least 60 credits at New England College (of which a minimum of 24 must be earned in the senior year), or 30 credits must be earned in the senior year. In addition, a minimum of 12 credits of requirements from within the major must be completed at New England College.

Anyways, this might work if you're taking a few more courses for transfer. Patten has some UL RA credits you can take, try to complete a few in 4 months for $1319. Example, if you can finish 4 courses, that's 12 credits for $1319.
Link: http://patten.edu/admissions/online-tuition/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-22-2018, 02:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP - Don't you already have 90 credits transferred over to NEC? They only allow up to 90 credits for transfer...
How many more courses do you need from NEC? From this site, it indicates you have to finish 30 credits from them.
https://www.nec.edu/admission/undergradu...er-policy/

8. There is no limit to the number of transfer credits that can be granted; however, a student must earn at least 60 credits at New England College (of which a minimum of 24 must be earned in the senior year), or 30 credits must be earned in the senior year. In addition, a minimum of 12 credits of requirements from within the major must be completed at New England College.

Anyways, this might work if you're taking a few more courses for transfer. Patten has some UL RA credits you can take, try to complete a few in 4 months for $1319. Example, if you can finish 4 courses, that's 12 credits for $1319.
Link: http://patten.edu/admissions/online-tuition/

I registered a little late so I can’t get the classes I need in time to graduate this summer. I’m taking an elective this coming term to reach the 30 credit minimum but I’m going to use other sources to get most of the major requirements completed (still leaving 12 at NEC).

So turns out this finance course does not have to be upper level. Any cheap self paced courses out there?

Oops, sorry I meant to reply to this thread in general. I’m still getting used to this app..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,771 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,497 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,765 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 529 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 570 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 276 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 677 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger