Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any help would be greatly appreciated
(02-22-2019, 12:13 PM)Lifewillbegood Wrote: Thank you, 

I am not sure what the future holds for me. If I was to go for a bachelors but for some reason get to my 60 credits and dont want to complete it, would they award me with my associates or do I have to finish my bachelor? 

Also how long does it normally take a person to complete a bachelors using SL and Study? 
Thank you so much for all of your help.

Do you know which associates do not require a capstone?

The ASNSM in Bio, Math, or Computer Science doesn't, I know. I haven't looked into the others.

Hmmm. I guess it's only most of the AAS degrees that require a capstone. The general AA and ASBA don't, either.

You could certainly start on a bachelor's, doing all of the GenEds first, then if you had to stop, get the generic AA and come back later to finish. Depending on the bachelor's you'd like, a different associate's could be planned in the middle. As far as how long it would take you, it's entirely up to your time available, dedication, knowledge and aptitude. The best way to start if you're hesitant is to collect all of the free credits that are available (they're talked about all over the site).
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-22-2019, 12:13 PM)Lifewillbegood Wrote: Do you know which associates do not require a capstone?

TESU - Associate degrees that do not require a Capstone course (& can be tested out) -

Associate in Arts (This is the General Associates)
Associate in Science in Business Administration
ASNSM in Mathematics
ASNSM in Computer Science
AAS Criminal Justice
ASNSM in Biology (other than Bio II w/lab)

I don't think there are any others...?

Also if you have 12 RA credits from the CC you mentioned you may want to look into the Pierpont BOG AAS https://www.pierpont.edu/ac/programs/board-governors - although it is technically free (you can transfer everything in), you will have to take at least one 1 credit course to get transcripts (approx $500 credit) - you want transcripts, they prove you have the degree more than the diploma does. There is a whole thread on this topic - I don't have the link to share.  It may be an option as you work towards a bachelor degree.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Can you earn the Pierpont AAS if you already have an associates?

EDIT: This is for me and I'm curious.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
For an AA/AS, I suggest either:
1) the BOG AAS through Pierpont (going to cost approx $500 for a 1cr course there) - simplest, cheapest, easiest AAS out there
2) an AA/AS through Charter Oak (going to cost approx $1224 fora 3cr cornerstone course there + $629 in fees) - second cheapest/easiest, but more requirements than Pierpont.

These costs do not include the ~60cr you'll need to transfer into either school.

You can plan your degree at either of these schools to make a very easy transition to a BA/BS at another one of the Big 3 or WGU if you want, so that you won't lose any credits when you decide to continue on with your bachelor's.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • acamp
(02-22-2019, 01:40 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Can you earn the Pierpont AAS if you already have an associates?

EDIT: This is for me and I'm curious.

No.  The Pierpont BOG AAS must be your first degree.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aloha-Any Advice Appreciated Hawaii5oh 11 1,996 01-23-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Desperately need help making a plan! Any help greatly appreciated! :) sharsharky 8 1,690 03-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Last Post: sharsharky
  Degree Plan for TESU Assoc/Bachelors Please any help appreciated. nunyabiz 8 1,654 01-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: nunyabiz
  Can you please help out a beginner. Any advice appreciated! Atomsk 33 2,198 02-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  New student, first degree, Any help would be greatly appreciated! Juiceddc2 2 762 11-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Last Post: swalke321
  DSST Business Ethics & Society - Opinions/Reviews Appreciated SuZQ2 12 2,391 10-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  UExcel's Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School - Advice/Opinions Appreciated SuZQ2 3 949 01-29-2015, 12:31 PM
  Struggling with Foundations of Gerontology - Help Appreciated! SuZQ2 4 843 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM
  Info Appreciated - Anyone Taken Abnormal Psychology ECE Recently? SuZQ2 0 607 12-22-2013, 01:33 PM
  Seeking to complete my academic goals, any help or guidance appreciated!! EdSeeker 16 1,711 11-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Last Post: sanantone